Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jan 10, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #6,527 of 9,829
vq7dvm.jpg

Jvc Spiral Dot M on the left

Jan 10, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #6,528 of 9,829
I just received the Andromeda, after years of exploring headphones, i'm back into the in ears world. Sold my He6 and got these...and well, i won't speak until i get a good dac because for now, my galaxy s7 doesn't do justice i think.

Jan 10, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #6,530 of 9,829
Hey all!

iPhone XS Max user here that primarily listens to Rock, Metal, Synthwave/Electronic, Ambient music. I’m looking for my IEM endgame for commuting to work (walking and train) that suits my music tastes, has good isolation, and that I can ideally use with my iPhone with minimal accessories.

I’ve read through this thread for a little bit and seems overall consensus is that through the Apple dongle it’s not ideal - or at least makes the Andro’s more bassy versus using IEMatch in the chain.

Do you think Andros to Apple dongle to iPhone would still be suitable for the music I listen to? I’m not looking for boomy soft bass. I have LCD-2C’s at home and use the Reveal plugin if that helps.

Thanks all!

Jan 10, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #6,531 of 9,829
Hey all!

iPhone XS Max user here that primarily listens to Rock, Metal, Synthwave/Electronic, Ambient music. I’m looking for my IEM endgame for commuting to work (walking and train) that suits my music tastes, has good isolation, and that I can ideally use with my iPhone with minimal accessories.

I’ve read through this thread for a little bit and seems overall consensus is that through the Apple dongle it’s not ideal - or at least makes the Andro’s more bassy versus using IEMatch in the chain.

Do you think Andros to Apple dongle to iPhone would still be suitable for the music I listen to? I’m not looking for boomy soft bass. I have LCD-2C’s at home and use the Reveal plugin if that helps.

Thanks all!

iPhone user here with dongle - tomorrow I receive the IEMatch.

Does this mean that the andromeda could be even brighter then that?! I mean, it sounds to me already now very bright and airy.

Jan 10, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #6,532 of 9,829
iPhone user here with dongle - tomorrow I receive the IEMatch.

Does this mean that the andromeda could be even brighter then that?! I mean, it sounds to me already now very bright and airy.

I have the XS Max as well and do yourself a favour, skip the dongle and grab a Bluetooth DAC/Amp. The FiiO BTR3 or the Radsone ES100 are amazing little pieces of kit. Sub $100, <1ohm output impedance. The ES100 has the advantage of having a balanced output. They're tiny and they have play/pause/skip controls onboard so it's actually more convenient than carrying just the phone itself.

Jan 10, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #6,533 of 9,829
I have the XS Max as well and do yourself a favour, skip the dongle and grab a Bluetooth DAC/Amp. The FiiO BTR3 or the Radsone ES100 are amazing little pieces of kit. Sub $100, <1ohm output impedance. The ES100 has the advantage of having a balanced output. They're tiny and they have play/pause/skip controls onboard so it's actually more convenient than carrying just the phone itself.

Hah, thanks -- I actually omitted to mention that I do have an ES100. With a balanced cable that I was using with my LZ A4's. I liked the unit, but at the time didn't like that the iPhone volume controls couldn't adjust the volume of the device. I'll grab mine though again and see what has changed since I last used it (last May or something). Good to know that it works well with the Andromeda's though!

Jan 11, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #6,534 of 9,829

Oh man I have headache when I try to find a portable dac for the iphone + andromeda.

This is for me at now a good compromise: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hid...le-new-tiny-and-mighty-dac-amp.880478/page-20. This dongle has a cirrus logic dac and it sounds to me much better than the dongle. Just it is usb-c – I'm waiting... hoping that the next iPhone has this port. By the way, this dongle has evidently a 32 ohms output impedance which should be not good for andromeda, right? But with the IEMatch should I resolve this, is this correct?

Jan 11, 2019 at 2:57 AM Post #6,537 of 9,829
I have my Andromeda S in my ears, I'm on a treadmill in my gym cooling down after a 5km run and am currently grooving to Radiohead's In Rainbows, enveloping me like a pillow of beauty. Sweet endorphin times.

I personally would never use my baby Andromeda at the gym. I read somewhere that the sweat in the ear is not good for it. Already without gym Andromeda has condensation issues...

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #6,540 of 9,829
Sorry for that :sweat_smile:.

Anyway, I always have one or two bags silica gel in the case with the baby because of the condensation.

Haven't noticed condensation on them yet, but I don't tend to mother my IEMs really. As for the gym, well it's personal really, but my wife died just over a year ago (she was only 37) and since then I have thrown myself into the gym and exercise as a are lease and escape. And I have found that music has really helped with that too - until last week I was rocking some Shure SE846s. And while these were great, today's first session.sith the Andromedas was on a whole new level of bliss.

If they break, they break, I will replace them. I need to do what's good for my spirit and soul - as I guess we all do in these beleagured times eh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back