Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 6, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #512 of 9,829
I'm considering joining as well but the lack of impressions is holding me back. Hopefully some more impressions will start to pop up in the next couple of days.

The way the Massdrop keeps racking up, at least there should be plenty come Mid-June if nothing else! :wink: Just hoping they get half as many favourable impressions as the Andromeda - if they do, that Massdrop price may well be a steal...

May 6, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #513 of 9,829
  Really glad to see CA do the right thing by their pre-order crowd. Now I just hold my breath until the arrival.

I got an email that my order is complete. Three days later, no news of it when it's shipping.

May 6, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #514 of 9,829
I got an email that my order is complete. Three days later, no news of it when it's shipping.

That notice is a finalization of the order process rather than a shipping preview.

May 6, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #515 of 9,829

Got my Nova. Impressions will be uploaded whenever I'm ready... 
ksc75smile.gif

Paul

May 6, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #516 of 9,829
Really glad to see CA do the right thing by their pre-order crowd. Now I just hold my breath until the arrival.

Agreed, great customer PR.

May 6, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #517 of 9,829

Got my Nova. Impressions will be uploaded whenever I'm ready... 
ksc75smile.gif

Paul

Looking forward to hearing your impressions. They sure look amazing!

May 6, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #518 of 9,829
Question,

I use htc fx850 and mojo and I'm looking for sound that is similar but thicker. Will Nova suit what I'm looking for? What is Nova sound signature?

May 6, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #519 of 9,829
Sorry, jvc 850..

May 6, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #520 of 9,829
Question,

I use htc fx850 and mojo and I'm looking for sound that is similar but thicker. Will Nova suit what I'm looking for? What is Nova sound signature?

no nova is warm 850 is bright haha

May 6, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #521 of 9,829
Hey all!

I want to again thank everyone who has posted and have been into our IEMs! Now that some of the new EMs are shipping and the reviews will be coming in I thought it might be good to post some frequency response measurements first before we see a lot of variations posted by people. Without going into a long drawn out thesis / debate on measurements I just want to say that I have not seen any reviewers measurements that are accurate and it can be difficult to interpret a freq measurement. I don't use HRTF compensation curve on my measurements because I am familiar with the raw freq curve so when I see a curve I know what it sounds like and am comfortable with what I am seeing. So to state my measurement so I can be happy that this is the official freq I am posting it here now. I do not really want to get into any debates on what the freq means or read into it too much as a freq measurement is only a very small part of the over all picture of the product. I would MUCH rather listen to the IEM than read a freq.

In addition, I dont want to sound like I dont welcome people to also have fun and measure, but just want to say that taking a accurate measurement is tricky, also tricky to read into the measurement. I spent over $15,000 on on measurement system and it took me almost a year with professional help to calibrate and set it up 100%. So in doing so it is expensive and can be difficult to set up and calibrate. I know my set up is accurate because I send my IEMs to independent labs to double check everything.

Andromeda

Nova

Thank you!

ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 6, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #522 of 9,829
May 6, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #523 of 9,829
May 6, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #524 of 9,829
The Andromeda has landed!

May 6, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #525 of 9,829
Thanks Ken.

I am loving the Andromeda and taking copious notes trying to pinpoint what exactly it is that CA Andromeda does, and does so well.

So the Freq charts are definitely helpful, and whilst I am not technically proficient enough to interpret them correctly it does confirm a few points for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back