Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 6, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #496 of 9,829
this game is so subjective to each his own!!! Best is to own everything :p
On the contrary, I feel that many of us on Head-Fi should work for Lexus. Their motto is "the relentless pursuit of perfection". I think we do that with audio.

We don't want to own them all, we want to know what's the best. :)

Right now at this moment the answer for me is the Andromeda for in-ears. Of course your mileage may vary. My "Hypesoundfi" days are behind me. I only hype the stuff I think is incredible and this is definitely it at the moment. I've heard the best in-ears on the planet and these are in that talk for the best the world has to offer.

May 6, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #497 of 9,829
In regards to fit, I've used a few different tips and haven't had an issue with them. It's like they were made for my ears. I'm curious to see if others are having an issue with the fit.

Foam tips, Dual flange,long nozzle single flange silicone work well

Short barrel tips with single flange yield a very shallow fit. An example would be the Sony stock silicone tips.

May 6, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #500 of 9,829
Any chance the Andromeda is going to be available in different colors other than Green? Not a fan of this hue. I'd rather have the Gunmetal flavor instead. 

May 6, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #501 of 9,829
Begging your pardon, my "flagship" is the Pinnacle P1. I am extremely happy with the sound overall if the P1. With that said, the price of the Nova has me thinking....

Is it worth it (I know already) to spend the extra for the Nova, knowing I am happy with the P1? I would really like to try the Nova, but do not know if I can justify it...

Again, I think I already know the answer, but I would value input from those that have the Nova regarding the sound quality, etc...I do appreciate it. Cheers.

May 6, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #502 of 9,829
Begging your pardon, my "flagship" is the Pinnacle P1. I am extremely happy with the sound overall if the P1. With that said, the price of the Nova has me thinking....

Is it worth it (I know already) to spend the extra for the Nova, knowing I am happy with the P1? I would really like to try the Nova, but do not know if I can justify it...

Again, I think I already know the answer, but I would value input from those that have the Nova regarding the sound quality, etc...I do appreciate it. Cheers.

Just one thing P1 needed Amp or DAP.
CA didn't require better DAC, the sound from smart phones has been awesome

May 6, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #504 of 9,829
On the contrary, I feel that many of us on Head-Fi should work for Lexus. Their motto is "the relentless pursuit of perfection". I think we do that with audio.

We don't want to own them all, we want to know what's the best. :)

Right now at this moment the answer for me is the Andromeda for in-ears. Of course your mileage may vary. My "Hypesoundfi" days are behind me. I only hype the stuff I think is incredible and this is definitely it at the moment. I've heard the best in-ears on the planet and these are in that talk for the best the world has to offer.
haha thats interesting! Nice banter mate. I am still digging the mids of FLC8S. Upon demoing Andromeda, FLC8S and UERM came to my mind straight. Really really tough call on which iem has the best mids but due to the exciting upper mids of the FLC8S, its FLC8S > Andromeda > UERM.
No disrespect to the Andromeda and UERM as i love both!depends on the type of songs you listen to but since I listen to vocal oriented tracks, gonna be flc8s but andromeda is up there in the game. Kudos to Campfire Audio

May 6, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #505 of 9,829
  Any chance the Andromeda is going to be available in different colors other than Green? Not a fan of this hue. I'd rather have the Gunmetal flavor instead. 

The answer would probably be no different if you ask the same question in Noble thread, asking to change the color of their universal shells
wink.gif

In this case the color scheme is not random or selected like in CIEM, it's associated with a specific model and its corresponding sound signature.  I can't speak for Ken, this is his creation, his baby, and he might offer different options down the road, but I personally don't think it's a good idea to release different colors for the same universal CFA model because it will mix things up and the identity will be lost.  Just my humble opinion.

May 6, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #506 of 9,829

The answer would probably be no different if you ask the same question in Noble thread, asking to change the color of their universal shells
wink.gif

In this case the color scheme is not random or selected like in CIEM, it's associated with a specific model and its corresponding sound signature.  I can't speak for Ken, this is his creation, his baby, and he might offer different options down the road, but I personally don't think it's a good idea to release different colors for the same universal CFA model because it will mix things up and the identity will be lost.  Just my humble opinion.

Good points there. Thanks!

May 6, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #507 of 9,829
  I had a fantastic time with the Andromeda today.

Tomorrow will be the NOVA.

Very interested to hear your impressions on the Nova - jumped on the Massdrop deal as it was too good to pass up but finding someone who has heard them and is willing to write about it seems to be a tough ask at the moment as everyone is fixated by its new big brother! :wink:

May 6, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #508 of 9,829
NOVA has the best value from CA, sounds wise would be much better than Orion, usually single BA still a limit soundstage vs Nova has 2 BAs could be more balance than single BA.

From the price of Nova could be very affordable and the most value, still made in the USA via hand made as well, IF compare to the price wise you may pay for ALO upgrade cable as well or some China made IEMs.

Now is the time can grab it lower, then what you waiting for :)

I love that Nova silver grey colour + nice pouch and completed eartips, plus new LitZ cable :)

May 6, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #509 of 9,829
Very interested to hear your impressions on the Nova - jumped on the Massdrop deal as it was too good to pass up but finding someone who has heard them and is willing to write about it seems to be a tough ask at the moment as everyone is fixated by its new big brother! :wink:

I'm considering joining as well but the lack of impressions is holding me back. Hopefully some more impressions will start to pop up in the next couple of days.

May 6, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #510 of 9,829
I am weak....I joined the Nova drop....:cold_sweat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back