Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 25, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #5,041 of 9,829
Not exactly 2ohms but i'm using an iFi IEMatch: 2.5ohms(High setting), 1ohm(Ultra). It'll def sound better at 2ohms because the Andros are too bassy at <1Ohm and almost perfect at 2.5ohms
I don't know will it be the same as the iFi nano bl I have which has a IEMatch port however I find that it tames the dynamics a little compared to the direct out which hisses mildly.

May 25, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #5,042 of 9,829
I would like to know which source are you using which is 2ohms. I might consider getting it.

IIRC Sony DAPs have around 1 ohm I believe but my biggest gripe is the hiss where it’s only with the iPod Touch 6th gen (1.7 ohms) that Andromeda is dead silent. Best of all, there’s no need for a impedance cable that can affect the dynamics of Andromeda

Last edited:
May 25, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #5,043 of 9,829
IIRC Sony DAPs have around 1 ohm I believe but my biggest gripe is the hiss where it’s only with the iPod Touch 6th gen (1.7 ohms) that Andromeda is dead silent. Best of all, there’s no need for a impedance cable that can affect the dynamics of Andromeda
I have the Sony ZX300 right now and the Andromeda is dead silent even in high gain. I would like to know what do you think of the Lionheart with the Andromeda. It looks beautiful

May 25, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #5,045 of 9,829
I see CA has Vega discounted bringing it to same price as Andromeda. Would Vega be the ones to get at that price or is the Andromeda still the ones to "beat"? I'm thinking of adding a set of Campfires to my collection but just don't know which ones!

May 25, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #5,046 of 9,829
Depends what you are looking for. Andros are amazing beautiful top end, detailed, and overall feel very well balanced on all frequencies. If you want a more accurate detailed audiophile tuning then perhaps andromeda.

I never understood what a dark headphone was until i tried the vega. Now i know. Bass is big and bold, music sounds like youre at a live show front center. Overall good detail. A more fun headphone with powerful bass. Not as accurate as andromeda but doesnt mean they arent awesome to listen too. To me it sounds like a V shaped headphone.

I own both. They compliment each other. I prefer the andromedas because they bring out the emotion in melodies. Considering i listen to a lot of trance, the bass in the vegas for me at least can be a little too much; I am more of a melody mid guy. Sometimes it brings me to tears how good the andromedas are. I use ref 8 with wm1a.

Last edited:
May 25, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #5,047 of 9,829
^
I am considering Andromeda or Dorado now. I like what you've mentioned about audio with Andromeda and I have come across equally positive reviews for Dorado. Admittedly I prefer the "look" of the Dorado's monitor housing.

Maybe I'll wait and see if a sale pops up soon on one of these models.

May 25, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #5,048 of 9,829
I don't know will it be the same as the iFi nano bl I have which has a IEMatch port however I find that it tames the dynamics a little compared to the direct out which hisses mildly.
I'm using the Nano BL Direct -> IEMatch. Definitely improved sounds by a lot. Nano iematch port is 4ohms and takes so much bass away.

May 25, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #5,051 of 9,829
Are you sure about that 4 Ohm OI? Other IEMatch implementations all seem to be between 1-2.5 Ohms (IEMatch built into Micro iDSD BL, the standalone IEMatch and the IEM Buddy).
Unfortunately yes, its rated at <=4ohms on the product page. I'm honestly not sure why the Nano OI is that high when the rest of their product line is 1-2.5ohms.

May 25, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #5,053 of 9,829
ADAC4A99-E9D0-4E1B-841F-8BAAAD1746F4.jpeg
I have the Sony ZX300 right now and the Andromeda is dead silent even in high gain. I would like to know what do you think of the Lionheart with the Andromeda. It looks beautiful

Compared to stock litz , it is wider and has a better bass timbre than the litz. Treble is also more refined and delicate. Best of all, ergonomics is through the roof with the cable curling on my earlobes perfectly

May 25, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #5,055 of 9,829
Cable is bigger and more flexible without that memory flex issue when stretched straight that stock cable has. So you can curl it for storage and uncurl it without it being crooked

Users who are viewing this thread

Back