Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 22, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #2,356 of 9,829
Thank you sir! Appreciate it, especially on this AWESOME day! All about positivity.

Yep, what I want with you is to play a game of ping pong with you.  I almost made it to the SF meet.

Jul 22, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #2,357 of 9,829
Mim, what I want to ask you is to compare the Pristine-Universal to the Andromeda.  I am very curious about the Pristine SQ and seeing that you have one on the FS forum. Please do tell.

HUM Pristine?
i would feel pristine sq is slightly better and it is way more resolving and airy than andromeda

The Pristine is definitely a top contender, doesn't fit in my line up much with the KSe1500. I have never tried the Andromeda so I cannot say. But if the Pristine is more resolving (which I really do not know) then the Andromeda is less interesting to me.

Jul 22, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #2,358 of 9,829

HUM Pristine?
i would feel pristine sq is slightly better and it is way more resolving and airy than andromeda

Really, the Andromeda is pretty airy.  Even though in this thread everyone said the Andromeda is very balance up and down the frequency range, but my limited listening seems it is a little bright in the high mids or low treble.

Jul 22, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #2,359 of 9,829
The Pristine is definitely a top contender, doesn't fit in my line up much with the KSe1500. I have never tried the Andromeda so I cannot say. But if the Pristine is more resolving (which I really do not know) then the Andromeda is less interesting to me.

Pristine is way more resolving than Andromeda thus I prefer Andromeda more. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Really, the Andromeda is pretty airy.  Even though in this thread everyone said the Andromeda is very balance up and down the frequency range, but my limited listening seems it is a little bright in the high mids or low treble.

The Pristine is slightly more airy.
tongue.gif

Jul 22, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #2,360 of 9,829
I also heard that the Ciem and Universal pristine can sound rather different.  But the Andromeda is a very resolving monitor.  Cannot imagine that the Pristine can be that much better.  I am interested in the Hum more for a different SQ.

Jul 22, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #2,361 of 9,829
yes it should be
let add 8.2, SA-43, Aether, VE6XC, CE6P etc if u are able to get them :D

Send them all to me and I would be more than happy to add them to the review! Thank you so much in advance! :D

Jul 22, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #2,362 of 9,829
Yep, what I want with you is to play a game of ping pong with you.  I almost made it to the SF meet.

Anytime, my friend.

Hopefully I'll see you at next year's SF meet! :beerchug:

Jul 22, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #2,363 of 9,829
The Pristine is strong between 60 Hz to about 14KHz and I think the Andromeda does extend better/further on both ends.

Jul 22, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #2,365 of 9,829
As of now, I am trying to tame the high mid a little bit, I hope my gold piccolino can do the job.

Jul 22, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #2,366 of 9,829
Anytime, my friend.

Hopefully I'll see you at next year's SF meet!
beerchug.gif

As you are from Socal, may be I'll see you at next year Socal Can Jam but you have to promise no practice from now on
o2smile.gif

Jul 23, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #2,367 of 9,829
haha, I admittedly just used google images for 'mini socks'.

I like them! How thick are the socks? Meaning how good is the shock protection for IEMs?

Thanks in advance, sir!

Jul 23, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #2,368 of 9,829
As of now, I am trying to tame the high mid a little bit, I hope my gold piccolino can do the job.

Or change your tips, may help assist tame the upper mids/lower treble. The Penon Audio tips are awesomesauce for me.

Jul 23, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #2,369 of 9,829
both pristine and andromeda are good. it depends on the sound you crave for though like in my case I got the Sirius over the Andromeda due to the more engaging midrange. there is no right or wrong which is better. as long as you like the sound, that what it matters!

Jul 23, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #2,370 of 9,829

As with any universal iem, I feel that the ear tip width, length, and density can significantly affect the overall tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back