Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 23, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #2,386 of 9,829
I find the Andromeda to have very detailed Bass and have very airy vocals; as well as a really extended treble. The treble does seem a bright, if you will. For some magical reason I do not get any listening fatigue though. Thats why I chose to sell the Novas over the Andromeda's. If finances wasn't an issue I would keep both for different reasons.

Jul 23, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #2,387 of 9,829
I find the Andromeda to have very detailed Bass and have very airy vocals; as well as a really extended treble. The treble does seem a bright, if you will. For some magical reason I do not get any listening fatigue though. Thats why I chose to sell the Novas over the Andromeda's. If finances wasn't an issue I would keep both for different reasons.

I'm noticing that too, they do seem kind of bright but I don't get fatigue like I do with other bright headphones (HD800 was always a pain for me, so im kind of sensitive to it too). Bass is also NOT light as some have suggested, it's just not artificially boosted sounding. Very well rounded headphone overall, definately has a touch of magic too. 

Jul 23, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #2,388 of 9,829
I'm listening to the
I'm noticing that too, they do seem kind of bright but I don't get fatigue like I do with other bright headphones (HD800 was always a pain for me, so im kind of sensitive to it too). Bass is also NOT light as some have suggested, it's just not artificially boosted sounding. Very well rounded headphone overall, definately has a touch of magic too. 

I'm listening to the HD800S powered by the Schiit Asgard 2 and fed by the ALO Audio The Key Dac which is 'stabilized' by the Wyrd4Sound Recovery. This a less then appropriate system for this headphone but it is doing a phenomenal job! I found that I like the bass more of the Andromeda but the treble is similar in my opinion. The mids are better with the Andromeda though. I like that both have a balanced mids response in that they are not scooped nor raised above other frequencies.

Jul 23, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #2,391 of 9,829
The more chance I get to listen to the Andros with different music, the more I like them. Last night I listened to new Chevelle, Blue Oyster Cult, Muse and NIN. I find that cymbals are more prominent and authentic sounding than anything I've heard to date. Much more so than my 846's. I was equally impressed when some sub bass snuck in on a song when I wasn't expecting it. That's about as technical as I can get...lol.

Late Edit: There was some Ministry in the mix last night as well. I wanted to see how these handled some of my old favorites. For those that are into female vocalist...might I suggest checking out Lana Del Ray Ultraviolence

Jul 23, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #2,393 of 9,829
Can anyone sum up how the andro compares to the k10u?
Cheers

andro is brighter than k10u and has a tighter bass. k10u has wider soundstage. andro has better extension. details retrieval are on par. treble of andro is more smooth.

Jul 23, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #2,394 of 9,829
Can anyone sum up how the andro compares to the k10u?
Cheers

Plug K10 into the Search This Thread option and you'll get more opinions than you can shake a stick at. 

Jul 23, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #2,396 of 9,829
Jul 24, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #2,397 of 9,829
There still seems a lot of interest in the Nova and the Andromeda.

The stats or readers of the reviews of both on my blog are still steady week by week.

Of course they have only been out a short while, but the interest in them is very strong. And shows no signs of abating any time soon( using my blog as a yardstick).

Jul 24, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #2,398 of 9,829
There still seems a lot of interest in the Nova and the Andromeda.

The stats or readers of the reviews of both on my blog are still steady week by week.

Of course they have only been out a short while, but the interest in them is very strong. And shows no signs of abating any time soon( using my blog as a yardstick).

just curious what is the camera being used for those lovely photos?

Jul 24, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #2,399 of 9,829
Just wondering if anyone try Nova or Andromeda with AK300? I tried a few of IEM (Savanna, Savant, Angie II) and yet to find one that I really hook my soul. My main music genres are singer-songwriter, ambient, jazz, acoustic, instrumental, and pop. Been loving my Ether and currently finding a IEM. I don't really want one that is too dark as I find AK300 slightly warmer.

Jul 24, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #2,400 of 9,829
  Just wondering if anyone try Nova or Andromeda with AK300? I tried a few of IEM (Savanna, Savant, Angie II) and yet to find one that I really hook my soul. My main music genres are singer-songwriter, ambient, jazz, acoustic, instrumental, and pop. Been loving my Ether and currently finding a IEM. I don't really want one that is too dark as I find AK300 slightly warmer.

do you crave for upper mids?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back