Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 21, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #2,266 of 9,829
After listening to my new Nova's for about 40 minutes; I can honestly say I am blown away be the tuning of the Nova!

To my ears the Nova is like listening to an artist in a well dampened room. Where sound quickly decays but is never forced or strident.

The Mids are prominent and lush. The star of the show.

The Bass is textured and quick with a soft mid-bass rise. Thankfully there is no overlap at all if the upper bass into the lower mids. I truly love and appreciate that.

The highs are sparkly enough to render seperation with sounds like birds chirping which is to say there is ample soundstaging. The treble is not detailed enough to truly render the finest details in live recording though making hand claps sound congested.

I find that the overall tuning of the Nova left me relaxed and refreshed! Like I didn't feel the need to tear apart my music and extract every last nuance. Rather it let me listen to music as a whole.

So if I were to have owned the Nova first and then acquired the Andromeda; I would be just as excited but for different reasons. The Andromeda is a reference monitor that lets you hear everything in a recording without giving you listening fatigue. Now that is a feat and worth its entry price alone. /quote]

*My opinion below. Stupid smartphone lumped them together...:unamused:*

An excellent synopsis of the Nova, with a touch on the Andromeda. I feel both are excellent in their own right, and to be judged separately. I have never heard the Andromeda, but based upon the excerpts found here; I believe I would be thoroughly satisfied with that choice.

That said, I truly love the sound character of the Nova and will quite happily live with them until the time comes for the Andromeda (a loooonnnngggg ways off!)

Thanks for a wonderful interpretation of the Nova. Cheers.

Jul 21, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #2,267 of 9,829
After listening to my new Nova's for about 40 minutes; I can honestly say I am blown away be the tuning of the Nova!

To my ears the Nova is like listening to an artist in a well dampened room. Where sound quickly decays but is never forced or strident.

The Mids are prominent and lush. The star of the show.

The Bass is textured and quick with a soft mid-bass rise. Thankfully there is no overlap at all if the upper bass into the lower mids. I truly love and appreciate that.

The highs are sparkly enough to render seperation with sounds like birds chirping which is to say there is ample soundstaging. The treble is not detailed enough to truly render the finest details in live recording though making hand claps sound congested.

I find that the overall tuning of the Nova left me relaxed and refreshed! Like I didn't feel the need to tear apart my music and extract every last nuance. Rather it let me listen to music as a whole.

So if I were to have owned the Nova first and then acquired the Andromeda; I would be just as excited but for different reasons. The Andromeda is a reference monitor that lets you hear everything in a recording without giving you listening fatigue. Now that is a feat and worth its entry price alone. /quote]

An excellent synopsis of the Nova, with a touch on the Andromeda. I feel both are excellent in their own right, and to be judged separately. I have never heard the Andromeda, but based upon the excerpts found here; I believe I would be thoroughly satisfied with that choice.

That said, I truly love the sound character of the Nova and will quite happily live with them until the time comes for the Andromeda (a loooonnnngggg ways off!)

Jul 21, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #2,268 of 9,829
anyone tried making their Nova "bright sounding" with reference to its original sound with the aid of other cables?

Jul 21, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #2,269 of 9,829
anyone tried making their Nova "bright sounding" with reference to its original sound with the aid of other cables?

Wow cool, my andromeda just wake up with nocturnal hydra v2, 8 cores wire cable :)
Now never feel lacking of bass & even mid-bass, sounds sig much close to sxc24.
Just few hours burned only.

Jul 21, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #2,270 of 9,829
Wow cool, my andromeda just wake up with nocturnal hydra v2, 8 cores wire cable
smily_headphones1.gif

well there is copper in the hydra
wink.gif

Jul 21, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #2,271 of 9,829
Wow cool, my andromeda just wake up with nocturnal hydra v2, 8 cores wire cable :)

What is it made out of, silver, copper, hybrid? Plated? Gauge? Do tell.

Jul 21, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #2,275 of 9,829

I tried using Linum BaX and the slightly dark or recessed mids had some improvement. Highs also improved and became more noticeable compared to using the stock cable. Aside from cables, I experimented and switched on my VorzampDuo's treble switch (while using the stock cable). Although the treble improved, I didn't like the feel of the music slightly getting the tempo up. It felt like that but I'm not sure how to properly describe that. So far, I have only tried the Linum BaX and it's a clear upgrade for me.

Jul 21, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #2,277 of 9,829

I tried using Linum BaX and the slightly dark or recessed mids had some improvement. Highs also improved and became more noticeable compared to using the stock cable. Aside from cables, I experimented and switched on my VorzampDuo's treble switch (while using the stock cable). Although the treble improved, I didn't like the feel of the music slightly getting the tempo up. It felt like that but I'm not sure how to properly describe that. So far, I have only tried the Linum BaX and it's a clear upgrade for me.

i see. im interested in the nova if i can remove its darkness

Jul 21, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #2,278 of 9,829
technically copper litz and silver litz will brighten up the sound

To refer here
http://store.treoo.com/nocturnal-audio-hydra-v2-8-conductor-silver-copper-hybrid-custom-cable.html

Try with this, you should love thier sound an over effect audio.
Cause effect audio used with gold plate only, unlike nocturnal used pure gold strands
http://store.treoo.com/nocturnal-audio-sirius-4-conductor-silver-gold-hybrid-custom-cable.html

Jul 21, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #2,279 of 9,829

i see. im interested in the nova if i can remove its darkness

I already started to appreciate the sound coming from the Nova after a few weeks of getting them, I love the bass quality that the dual BAs provide. More on the mid bass I think. Only the slightly recessed upper mids turn me off. But once I tried the BaX, I completely loved what I heard. For sure, there would probably be better cables out there that can pair to the Nova so I'm not giving up on this gorgeous IEM. Cables and tips are highly influential to this. I even tried using different sources and the sound difference was also noticeable. Finding the perfect synergy for your preference is the key.

Jul 21, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #2,280 of 9,829
I already started to appreciate the sound coming from the Nova after a few weeks of getting them, I love the bass quality that the dual BAs provide. More on the mid bass I think. Only the slightly recessed upper mids turn me off. But once I tried the BaX, I completely loved what I heard. For sure, there would probably be better cables out there that can pair to the Nova so I'm not giving up on this gorgeous IEM. Cables and tips are highly influential to this. I even tried using different sources and the sound difference was also noticeable. Finding the perfect synergy for your preference is the key.

Actually I'd had tried nova before, I love the sounds too.. the overall sounds to me is superior and incredible bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back