Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Apr 18, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #151 of 9,829
Hello, Ken? I would like to know about Andromeda's impedance plot. The reason is that I need to select proper amp/player with low enough output impedance. Andromeda has impedance of 12.8 ohms at 1 kHz. How low does it go down?

Apr 18, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #152 of 9,829
Hello, Ken? I would like to know about Andromeda's impedance plot. The reason is that I need to select proper amp/player with low enough output impedance. Andromeda has impedance of 12.8 ohms at 1 kHz. How low does it go down?
numbers are just a guideline but what you hear will be totally different. :) synergy is important and it is nt based on numbers hehe

Apr 18, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #153 of 9,829
The 2.5mm cable with the Jupiter is pretty much a give away with the Jupiter, we are planning to phase this out. Many people do not use it honestly so in many cases its not needed. We will continue to support the 2.5mm balanced cables and carry them. However the 2.5mm balanced cable will not be included with the IEMs.

Thank you

ken
Ah I see, thanks for the reply Ken. Just wondering what output you would recommend with the CDM for best sound quality then with the Andromeda? You guys have nice cables so if necessary I'll just pick up a custom 2.5mm one

Apr 18, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #154 of 9,829
numbers are just a guideline but what you hear will be totally different. :) synergy is important and it is nt based on numbers hehe

Impedance spread on the Andromeda is 10ohm - 32ohm

Cheers

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 18, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #157 of 9,829
Sorry guys, I've never been to summit-fi, and I've noticed that wording gets a bit different from mid-fi so please bear with me. The Andromeda has equal parts bass as mids which both are excellently produced. However, while not veiled, attention is focused onto the upper mids and treble which aren't harsh or sibilant at all. Being only from mid-fi, I've never encountered high treble energy iems that weren't harsh and sibilant, so descriptions of the Jupiter seem alien to me. All the sentences, besides the one before this, were referring to the Andromeda.

Apr 18, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #158 of 9,829
Sorry guys, I've never been to summit-fi, and I've noticed that wording gets a bit different from mid-fi so please bear with me. The Andromeda has equal parts bass as mids which both are excellently produced. However, while not veiled, attention is focused onto the upper mids and treble which aren't harsh or sibilant at all. Being only from mid-fi, I've never encountered high treble energy iems that weren't harsh and sibilant, so descriptions of the Jupiter seem alien to me. All the sentences, besides the one before this, were referring to the Andromeda.

You really have to listen to it in order to feel it. The way how Andromeda handles treble is what amazed me the most. I hate hash treble period, but I also don't like flat or dull treble either. Andromeda really found a perfect point to make it sparkle but not piercing, extended but not harsh, open but not bright.

Apr 18, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #161 of 9,829

You know what, SE846 has impedance of 9 at 1 kHz. But it goes down to as low as 5. That means you need an amplifier with output impedance of 0.5 and below in order to keep the interaction between the amp and driver below an audible level. Most smarphones' output impedances are higher than 1. They surely will change the frequency response of SE846s.

Apr 19, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #162 of 9,829
I think from what Ken said, it seems like it would, just that the 2.5 cable would be the old tinsel cable instead of the new litz cable
smily_headphones1.gif

my understanding of what Ken said is that there will not be 2.5mm balanced cable bundled anymore. Moving forward (Andromeda and Nova included), the IEMs would only come with a single Litz 3.5mm single-ended cable.

Apr 19, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #163 of 9,829
Somebody needs to reply to the several inquiries about what the Nova sounds like. There is absolutely no info or talk about the Nova. Need some sound bytes.

Also if Ken could confirm if the housing is smaller on the Nova than the Andromeda or the Jupiter. Is it the same size as the Orion?

Apr 19, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #164 of 9,829
Somebody needs to reply to the several inquiries about what the Nova sounds like. There is absolutely no info or talk about the Nova. Need some sound bytes.

Also if Ken could confirm if the housing is smaller on the Nova than the Andromeda or the Jupiter. Is it the same size as the Orion?

They are all of the same size from the orion up to the andromeda

Apr 19, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #165 of 9,829

Give it a few more weeks. The first few owners and reviewers should be able to provide first impressions by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back