Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Apr 18, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #136 of 9,829
These look awesome, and I like the descriptions of the making process on the website (could use some grammar check, but that's not too important when you make beast headphones). I gotta try some of CFA's IEMs sometime in the future

Apr 18, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #138 of 9,829
to me there are too many top level IEMs which try to play safe with the sound. They try too hard to be neutral and unoffensive which I could understand. A bright sounding or bloomy bass IEM is the worst. However, Andromeda is like a great gymnast always walking the fine line of staying on the bar and falling off.

Apr 18, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #141 of 9,829
To the lucky few (or many) 
biggrin.gif
who have auditioned the Andromeda, may I ask if you used the new 3.5mm stock litz cable?

Did anyone manage to try with a balanced 2.5mm cable? 

Apr 18, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #142 of 9,829
Can someone give some impressions that might compare the Andromeda to the Lyra?  I know some may consider this apples and oranges (dynamic vs 5 BA) but I love the Lyra's warm and bassy sound signature.  I wouldn't mind losing some of that low end for better resolution though, but I wouldn't want something that is "bass-light".  I listen to mostly EDM, acoustic, some jazz and metal.

Apr 18, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #143 of 9,829
To the lucky few (or many) :D who have auditioned the Andromeda, may I ask if you used the new 3.5mm stock litz cable?

Did anyone manage to try with a balanced 2.5mm cable? 

yes, the litz wire. It is beautiful and have a jewelry like look. I really wish Ken would make it slightly thicker. Right now it is slightly girly dare I say it. LOL....

Apr 18, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #144 of 9,829
Just curiosity but why does the Jupiter come with a 3.5mm AND a 2.5mm balanced cable but the new flagship doesn't ship with the balanced cable? Especially when one of the best features of the CDM is supposedly the 2.5mm balanced output?

Apr 18, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #145 of 9,829
I really like the Savant, but I feel the Andromeda is on slightly higher level. It's slightly more extended in both directions and my goodness it's one hell of an entertaining sound signature!

I think of all the in-ear monitors I listened to this weekend at Axpona, it was a toss up between the KSE1500, Noble K10U, and Andromeda.

With that being said, factor in the price tags and you will see why I say the Andromeda gets my vote for best of show.

That makes sense, also given the double price tag for retail. Did you get a chance to try out the Orion though? Give that it is in the same budget window of the Savant Universals that would be very interesting to know.

Apr 18, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #146 of 9,829
That makes sense, also given the double price tag for retail. Did you get a chance to try out the Orion though? Give that it is in the same budget window of the Savant Universals that would be very interesting to know.

I won't comment on the shure as I haven't tried that, but the andromeda is in my opinion (to my ears), more accurate and technically proficient by a clear margin than the other IEMs mentioned there :). And I have a k10 myself, so no incentive for me to put it down :)

A fair (in both price and configuration) comparison with the savant would be the new Nova, now that would be an exciting comparison!

Apr 18, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #147 of 9,829
Just curiosity but why does the Jupiter come with a 3.5mm AND a 2.5mm balanced cable but the new flagship doesn't ship with the balanced cable? Especially when one of the best features of the CDM is supposedly the 2.5mm balanced output?

I think from what Ken said, it seems like it would, just that the 2.5 cable would be the old tinsel cable instead of the new litz cable :)

Apr 18, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #149 of 9,829
to me there are too many top level IEMs which try to play safe with the sound. They try too hard to be neutral and unoffensive which I could understand. A bright sounding or bloomy bass IEM is the worst. However, Andromeda is like a great gymnast always walking the fine line of staying on the bar and falling off.

Hey all,

From the beginning I signaled that we (Campfire) wanted to do our own thing and be something different to separate ourselves from other IEM vendors and mainly just because we are. Being different will alway create controversy and cause some to be uncomfortable / not agree. If we are not causing some ruckus then I am not doing my job to the best of my abilities. We love the green and the sound of everything as our own and will continue to make some uncomfortable while many other we hope happy. I am happy that we have already used all of "safe" colors :wink: I am thrilled with the direction and future of Campfire and we all and so happy to hear everyone’s input.

Thank you head-fi for the continued support!

ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 18, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #150 of 9,829

The 2.5mm cable with the Jupiter is pretty much a give away with the Jupiter, we are planning to phase this out. Many people do not use it honestly so in many cases its not needed. We will continue to support the 2.5mm balanced cables and carry them. However the 2.5mm balanced cable will not be included with the IEMs.

Thank you

ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back