Campfire Audio - Holocene and Mammoth
Jul 14, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #211 of 332
maybe look in to selling the OG Vega that you said doesnt fit and trying the OG Solaris (big shell) or Solaris 2020 (smaller shell) or read up on the Dorado 2020 by @Rockwell75 (i have not heard it)

Judging by your already existing line up Mammoth will surely appear under the Gold for you. And could lead to further ‘what ifs’.
Well, the OG Vega fit but not as well as the Andro Gold for example.

Solaris are definitely out of my price range (I'm staying under 800/850 euros/$). Maybe I should be reasonable and keep the Honeydew. They only cost me less than 290 euros (less than $300).

If you're interested in CFA bass the Dorado 2020 is where it's at imho.
Wish I could try them! But they are too expensive for me unless I can find them gently used for a good price.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #212 of 332
Well, the OG Vega fit but not as well as the Andro Gold for example.

Solaris are definitely out of my price range (I'm staying under 800/850 euros/$). Maybe I should be reasonable and keep the Honeydew. They only cost me less than 290 euros (less than $300).

Wish I could try them! But they are too expensive for me unless I can find them gently used for a good price.

enjoy the Andro Golds :wink: imho

…and also the Honeydew for what they are.

Jul 14, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #213 of 332
My Mammoth are out for delivery today!

Jul 14, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #214 of 332
If you're interested in CFA bass the Dorado 2020 is where it's at imho.
My Mammoth's will be here today but right after I placed the order I got buyers remorse and felt I should have just gone for the Dorado 2020 instead. I guess we'll see how the mammoth sounds but it looks like I may be heading that direction. Have you heard the mammoth?

Jul 14, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #215 of 332
My Mammoth's will be here today but right after I placed the order I got buyers remorse and felt I should have just gone for the Dorado 2020 instead. I guess we'll see how the mammoth sounds but it looks like I may be heading that direction. Have you heard the mammoth?

No I haven't heard Mammoth but I have the Honeydew and absolutely love it for what it s.

Jul 14, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #216 of 332
No I haven't heard Mammoth but I have the Honeydew and absolutely love it for what it s.
I'll probably stick with a Mammoth for a few days before doing anything. I thought I wanted something to supplement my Andromeda but after reading reviews I realized I'm kind of a snob and don't really feel like downgrading (in a sense) just to get a nice bass response. I could be overthinking it all, especially if the Mammoth sound good enough to justify their ownership but I still feel I may end up with the Dorados. It turns out I've got some serious GAS right now lol

Jul 14, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #217 of 332
I'll probably stick with a Mammoth for a few days before doing anything. I thought I wanted something to supplement my Andromeda but after reading reviews I realized I'm kind of a snob and don't really feel like downgrading (in a sense) just to get a nice bass response. I could be overthinking it all, especially if the Mammoth sound good enough to justify their ownership but I still feel I may end up with the Dorados. It turns out I've got some serious GAS right now lol

The Dorado isn't that much more than the Mammoth really and you're getting what is imho so far the best application of their signature A.D.L.C. Diaphragm Dynamic Driver. For reference I've heard 3 of the 4 Solari as well as the Atlas.

Jul 14, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #219 of 332
This guy plurals.
1626281494445.png

Jul 14, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #220 of 332

Jul 14, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #221 of 332
I am in a similar place as you. I have the Andro 2020, enjoy it, but am looking for another more visceral CA model to complement it. I considered the Dorado but decided to see what was in this year’s CA pipeline. Mammoth “sounds” (from reviews) like the logical choice for me.

Jul 14, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #222 of 332
Some quick thoughts after about 30 minutes of listening. Going straight from Andromeda to the Mammoth is a bit jarring, especially in terms of clarity for vocals. It sounds muffled in comparison. I'm not really into the whole idea of burn-in; more mental than physical. The more I listen, the more coherent it begins to sound. The bass is strong, but not overbearing. It's nice hearing this that the Andromeda doesn't even try to reproduce. The into to 'Until I Bleed Out' by The Weeknd has a super low bass note right near the beginning that the Andromeda doesn't produce, but it's there in full force on the Mammoth. Definitely need to give it some more time, and not listen to Andromeda for a few days to get a good feel for this one. Still not sure if I want to hang onto it long term but it's certainly not terrible. Still got them in, so if anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer.

Jul 14, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #224 of 332
Could you compare the bass response of the Honeydew and the Dorado 2020 please? I'm curious!

Here are my initial Honeydew impressions.

Regarding bass vs. Dorado I said: "Bass is not as tight, dense, controlled, nuanced or quite as well extended as it is on the Dorado 2020" and after a couple weeks I'd basically stand by that.

Jul 14, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #225 of 332
Regarding bass vs. Dorado I said: "Bass is not as tight, dense, controlled, nuanced or quite as well extended as it is on the Dorado 2020" and after a couple weeks I'd basically stand by that.
Thanks!

Doing another session with the Honeydew, I think they will be fine for what they are. I will keep on reaching for my Andro Gold when I'm need of higher-end stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back