Campfire Audio Dorado 2020 & Vega 2020
Oct 21, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #31 of 122
I'd say that the Vega sounds like it has more bass than the Dorado, but it's complicated (or maybe I'm making it more complicated than it needs to be)? The quantity of bass is about the same, but that it's more balanced out by upper mids and treble on the Dorado. So where the Atlas/Vega are more of a traditional V-shape, but with a small high-mid/treble peak that's lower than the bass peak, I'm hearing something more Harman target-ish from the Dorado with an upper-mids and treble elevation that provides more substance in that range and balances out the bass a bit more.

So you would probably feel like the Dorado has a little less bass than the Vega, not because there's actually less bass, it's because there's more of everything else in the signature. I'm not sure if that entirely makes sense, but that's just how I'm hearing it personally.
That makes sense, thank you. @mashuto looks like there's still hope.

Oct 21, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #32 of 122
That makes sense, thank you. @mashuto looks like there's still hope.
I have them in my ears now, usps came early. Definitely not bass light. But also not bass monsters. Feels like a nice warm-ish balance so far.

Oct 21, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #33 of 122
I have them in my ears now, usps came early. Definitely not bass light. But also not bass monsters. Feels like a nice warm-ish balance so far.

Curious for your thoughts on how they'd compare to the Nio.

Oct 21, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #34 of 122
Curious for your thoughts on how they'd compare to the Nio.
I'll certainly try and get some comparisons with them too a little later today.

Going off first impressions and without directly listening to the nio (since yesterday) I would say the dorado presents as a very slight v shape compared to the nios more L shaped signature. Bass on the dorado is less in quantity (compared to the m15) but it also feels a bit tighter and quicker than the more loose and slow bass on the nio. Treble wise, I think the nio is maybe smoother, while the dorado has a bit more sharpness.

Oct 21, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #35 of 122
I'll certainly try and get some comparisons with them too a little later today.

Going off first impressions and without directly listening to the nio (since yesterday) I would say the dorado presents as a very slight v shape compared to the nios more L shaped signature. Bass on the dorado is less in quantity (compared to the m15) but it also feels a bit tighter and quicker than the more loose and slow bass on the nio. Treble wise, I think the nio is maybe smoother, while the dorado has a bit more sharpness.

Like the sound of the tighter bass and the sharper treble... Sounds like it could be a winning combination with acoustic and rock music.

Oct 21, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #36 of 122
Ordered the Vegas. I feel a greater need to do first A/B test balanced signatures like the Dorado since there are so many great contenders there. But there are few earphones tuned like the Vega (let alone use such great materials).

Oct 22, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #37 of 122
Quite a lukewarm reception so far on the Vega 2020 & Dorado 2020 in comparison to Ara, Andromeda 2020 & Solaris 2020. Will give my impressions once I have them to test.
I concur with @noper. The IEM market is extremely saturated with many top contenders. The main question is can the Vega 2020 & Dorado 2020 still compete in the market? I should be able to listen to them soon and will provide useful comparisons.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #38 of 122
Quite a lukewarm reception so far on the Vega 2020 & Dorado 2020 in comparison to Ara, Andromeda 2020 & Solaris 2020. Will give my impressions once I have them to test.
I concur with @noper. The IEM market is extremely saturated with many top contenders. The main question is can the Vega 2020 & Dorado 2020 still compete in the market? I should be able to listen to them soon and will provide useful comparisons.
Yea I wonder if it's just that the market is saturated or maybe just that other than the ara it's just more rereleases instead of anything completely new.

Probably also getting harder and harder to ask people to spend close to and above a thousand dollars on very low driver count models especially when there's so many cheaper options out there with tons of different driver configurations put there.

Either way, I am enjoying my dorado and my untrained ears do think it's playing in the right ballpark, though whether others think so I guess remains to be seen.

Oct 22, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #39 of 122
Yea I wonder if it's just that the market is saturated or maybe just that other than the ara it's just more rereleases instead of anything completely new.

Probably also getting harder and harder to ask people to spend close to and above a thousand dollars on very low driver count models especially when there's so many cheaper options out there with tons of different driver configurations put there.

Either way, I am enjoying my dorado and my untrained ears do think it's playing in the right ballpark, though whether others think so I guess remains to be seen.
Market saturation and rereleases definitely contribute to the lukewarm reception. Can't wait to try them though and provide my opinions.

Oct 22, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #40 of 122
Yeah, i have a feeling that guy did not experiment with tips enough if he perceives them bass light.
I would know for sure tomorrow when i get them tho..

Any new impressions?

Ordered the Vegas. I feel a greater need to do first A/B test balanced signatures like the Dorado since there are so many great contenders there. But there are few earphones tuned like the Vega (let alone use such great materials).

Looks like you'll be the first to get your hands on them! Very tempted to pull the trigger given the price and my love for the original. Let us know your impressions when you do get them!

Oct 22, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #42 of 122
Loose sound field, strong bass, high density, improved resolution
More natural and delicate sound
VEGA
SP1000Mgold+Luminox
prefer Vega

5A3071C6-A3D2-416B-BDFB-60D1C6FC6288.jpeg279019E8-4CBE-47EC-98E1-C302EECAF60C.jpegD2844E14-5C6F-417B-B5DF-054058B97DA5.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #43 of 122
類似於ie800s聲場鬆散,低音強勁,密度高,分辨率提高
VEGA更自然細膩的聲音
SP1000M金色Luminox音頻Luminox
我喜歡VEGA,

Nice! That SE is stunning...the other two aren't too shabby either...looking forward to impressions and comparisons.

Edit: I don't always comment on cables but those ones are beautiful.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #44 of 122
Jus when i thought i was finished in the iem scene with atlas... :frowning2:

Oct 23, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #45 of 122
Any new impressions?

Looks like you'll be the first to get your hands on them! Very tempted to pull the trigger given the price and my love for the original. Let us know your impressions when you do get them!

Yes, it's been here and i first tried them with Lotto PS1 with stock cable, slightly loose, thick bass and sharpish treble to start, but still, it was evident i wasn't wrong about these. They are great!
Changed to a far better copper and things improved immediately, also, burn in happens quickly, treble is smoother and bass.. Well, all improved as soon as i moved to Ifi Hip dac, the PS1 thick sound and narrow soundstage are not the most suitable for Dorado. The good news is they upscale like a true high end iem, soundstage opened up by 50%, bass cleaned up etc.
This is not a detail monster, it's an enjoyable listen, most things sound so good, tho crappy recordings are still.. Crappy 😀

Now, i liked old Solaris, but it wasn't perfect, too big and the sound was interesting and quality but ultimately awkward somehow as an overall package. Then i tried Atlas, Polaris, Vega.. I'm sorry, but all of those just don't compete in their price field.. Muddy in many ways, just not there in that sea of great iems lately. Like Atlas, fun bass, but way out in speed and precision and timbre and pretty much nothing to mention up from that, money.. Too much for the sq.

Dorado, different story, i still don't find that to be the perfect bass for my taste, but the thickness, mushiness is only 10% here, the rest is way more precise and enjoyable bottom, goes deep, sings and taps, that's fine by me.
I am a bass head as some here know, but i like my bass sub and tuneful and crisp, CA don't do crisp bass, they do soft, slow one. Dorado and Solaris would be my only DD choices here.

Mids are slightly forward as in all that needs attention comes out, voices, instruments. Blends well with bass, smooth, seemless transition.

Treble, as i said, needed 30 min to calm down and now is pretty detailed and present in a good way, it's kinda special actually. It is smooth, but very extended, so you hear a lot of every cymbal and top percussions, yet, violins never pierce on E string, always smooth, but resolved, Well done here CA, top marks!

So, overall, i am a fan and satisfied with my over 1k purchase. Did i need it, hell no.
Cable is just ok and the iem is overpriced.
Not to mention that ridiculous case color😅😆
Thieaudio Clairvoyance is better in detail, bass and soundstage, Yet, it doesn't sound as coherent and treble is to my ears less natural due to that electrostatic tuning, all one needs in an iem is DD and one BA in a comfortable, small factor.
That's exactly what Dorado is, has the right size and sounds in a way that will make you listen all day and have fun, yet is is a serious tool too as it has plenty precision and resolution too. I have better iems for sound, but not by much that it'll trouble me and ultimately a top product is a combination of factors and Dorado has great balance of sq, form and usability!
Well done Campfire, this is a great addition, as other than Solaris, there was nothing in the line up to offer top technical performance, Dorado is just the ticket!

Attachments

• DSC_0007.JPG
    DSC_0007.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG