Campfire Audio Chromatic Series
Nov 16, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #226 of 470
How is the Perseus coming along? Tempted by this combo... Any insight would be most helpful.
They sound as if they were made to go with each other

Nov 16, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #227 of 470
Nov 16, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #228 of 470
Hey guys, my first look Bonneville review is now online here. Fascinating IEM this!

Bonneville_10.jpg

Nov 16, 2023 at 8:01 PM Post #229 of 470
If the Perseus is doing its sub-bass and staging thing, I can see how that'd work out well. :slight_smile:
Just placed my order for the Perseus. When you say extended sub-bass and wider staging, I say hells yeah.

Nov 16, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #230 of 470
Just placed my order for the Perseus. When you say extended sub-bass and wider staging, I say hells yeah.

It's very possible that you might have gotten the last one! :laughing: There were like five left when I got mine. And I know at least two people got it at CanJam Dallas.

Nov 16, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #231 of 470
Well I was not a fan of changing cables but I can tell that sound has changed. After listening over a week with original Cascara cables today I changed it to the Eros S, The sound stage is wider, The chorus singers like on the background are more pronounced. Kaan Max is tend to be a tad high on Treble range because of ESS so that part is way more controlled. I can go more volume whereas before the cable change I would not increase it more than 75. It was not harsh but it was to a point where sometimes you feel that extra treble. Bass is tighter , Mid bass I feel they are a bit lacking. But this all is only 1 hour of listening with the new cable. Breakin needs to happen overtime and probably its going to become more amazing. I would say money well spent for this cable. Overall its a bit warmer more tight sound but amazing sound stage especially with right and left separation I had to sometimes pause the music I thought something happening in my room'

Nov 17, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #234 of 470
Well I was not a fan of changing cables but I can tell that sound has changed. After listening over a week with original Cascara cables today I changed it to the Eros S, The sound stage is wider, The chorus singers like on the background are more pronounced. Kaan Max is tend to be a tad high on Treble range because of ESS so that part is way more controlled. I can go more volume whereas before the cable change I would not increase it more than 75. It was not harsh but it was to a point where sometimes you feel that extra treble. Bass is tighter , Mid bass I feel they are a bit lacking. But this all is only 1 hour of listening with the new cable. Breakin needs to happen overtime and probably its going to become more amazing. I would say money well spent for this cable. Overall its a bit warmer more tight sound but amazing sound stage especially with right and left separation I had to sometimes pause the music I thought something happening in my room'
Wonderful that you were able to experience the upgrade that a good cable can bring. This is also very much in line with other impressions of the Eros S. And yes, give it a bit more time - you may get that mid-bass back!

Nov 17, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #237 of 470
I'm digging the Bonneville so much, I am now starting to entertain ideas of getting the Cascara too. :ksc75smile:

Cascara as great. It's a class leading single DD at its price point. I heard it briefly at CanJam but after a month with Bonneville i wanted more. I must have picked a lame shipping standard as mine is taking forever to arrive.

Nov 17, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #238 of 470
Cascara as great. It's a class leading single DD at its price point. I heard it briefly at CanJam but after a month with Bonneville i wanted more. I must have picked a lame shipping standard as mine is taking forever to arrive.

Ugh, the long waits are awful! I'll look forward to your comments about it once it's there. I wouldn't expect it to perform up at the same level as Bonneville, but maybe just have some similar qualities.

The Bonneville is such a complete package sound-wise... I literally don't have any nitpicks about the sound, it does it all for me. I think that is a first for any IEM I've had, at any price. And to think it's less than 1500, I see that as a very good value (when considering some of the insane top tier price points). Over the last 1-2 years I've come to value full, rich mids so much more than I would have guessed, and that has been the achilles heel of many models I've had lately. Bonneville even passes that w/ flying colors to my ears.

Nov 17, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #239 of 470
The Bonneville is such a complete package sound-wise... I literally don't have any nitpicks about the sound, it does it all for me. I think that is a first for any IEM I've had, at any price. And to think it's less than 1500, I see that as a very good value (when considering some of the insane top tier price points). Over the last 1-2 years I've come to value full, rich mids so much more than I would have guessed, and that has been the achilles heel of many models I've had lately. Bonneville even passes that w/ flying colors to my ears.

It is a complete package for me too, something more apparent the more time I spend with it. It doesn't quite jump out at you at first either. I almost passed over CFA altogether when I was in SoCal but they were right across from the Musicteck table so I figured "why not". I went for the Cascara first as that was the one I thought I'd be the most interested in. It was good. I skipped Ponderosa as I've no interest in BA sets right now and didn't bother with Supermoon becasue I already own one. Bonny didn't jump out at me at first but after four demos over the two days in SoCal I came to the conlusion that it was my favorite IEM that I'd heard at the show-- even besting the VE X for me, which I actually had to hop over a mental barrier to accept. The reason is as you say-- it brings a bit of everything and doesn't hit any of my red flags. Bass, mids and treble are all there. It's a little bit bombastic, but not overly so. Staging is well above average in height, width and depth. The bass thumps, vocals are free from veil, timbre in the mids is spot on and there is a sufficient amount of air and sparkle up top. Layering and imaging is quite good. Most importantly (for me) it doesn't veer into dryness or brightness or harman tuned sterility as seems to be the trend right now. It's a wonderful "all in one" sort of IEM for my tastes. I hope more people get their ears on it and spend some time hearing it before judging.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back