Campfire Audio Chromatic Series
Nov 21, 2023 at 1:03 AM Post #256 of 470
Ooo inside goss.... What sort of driver arrangement are we looking at with these new IEM's? Fancy dropping some tidbits?

This year's version of the Multiverse is happening soon.

Screen Shot 2023-11-17 at 9.10.36 PM.png

Just left the Campfire Audio HQ building where I was able to listen to just about every IEM they have made. (Including a new set they are releasing next week!)

As far as the Chromatic series, I was pleasantly surprised by Cascara and Ponderosa. Cascara had much more detail than I was expecting, however was still very bombastic.

That was my thought about Casara too, and one of the factors in my decision to pick one up.

What I gathered, it will be the cheapest in the “Elemental Series” and has a rather flat tuning. Similar to a Solaris shell.

Honestly, it sounded very good, and will do fantastic at its price point for people who do not want a colored IEM.

Do you mean "Chromatic Series" or is there another series on the way?

Nov 21, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #258 of 470
Yes, the Elemental series is what they are are calling the the higher end models.

If I remember correctly, this new model with a flatter tuning will be priced below Andromeda at around $1000. It looks very similar to Solaris but with what I believe is a vinyl faceplate.

Also, I’m very much hoping for a Multiverse this year, but I’m wondering if their special announcement on 11/24 is actually this new model and not the Multiverse…. We will see!

Attachments

• IMG_1982.jpeg
    IMG_1982.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Nov 21, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #260 of 470
Yes, the Elemental series is what they are are calling the the higher end models.

If I remember correctly, this new model with a flatter tuning will be priced below Andromeda at around $1000. It looks very similar to Solaris but with what I believe is a vinyl faceplate.

Also, I’m very much hoping for a Multiverse this year, but I’m wondering if their special announcement on 11/24 is actually this new model and not the Multiverse…. We will see!
Am Bit confuse, bonneville is not a higher model too ?

Nov 21, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #262 of 470
Am Bit confuse, bonneville is not a higher model too ?
Sorry, my wording there was not quite clear.

The Chromatic Series is meant to be more attainable price wise. However, that in no way makes them lesser than their other IEMs. They come with simpler packaging and use the CIEM like shells. The point of entry for Chromatic series is $500 and ends at $1400 with Bonneville.

Whereas the Elemental Series currently starts at $1450 for the Emerald Sea and ends with Trifecta at $3375.

Remember though, regardless of price, it all comes down to preference. I absolutely love Solaris however I probably would prefer Bonneville as an all rounder.

Nov 24, 2023 at 12:05 AM Post #263 of 470
I managed to find an Eletech Tyrian with MMCX connectors for Bonneville.

F6D28B18-414B-4E51-8E7B-29F47609D99A.JPEG

Nov 24, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #265 of 470
I am curious about the new black star release. Not sure if it’s a different DD than the Bonneville but the overall driver setup is very similar obviously tuning is different. Regardless I’m planning to pick up a Bonneville but curious to hear peoples opinions on the black star.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #267 of 470
Looks a lot like a Solaris variant to me.

IMG_8821.jpegIMG_8820.jpeg

From the description they sound like a Solaris variant also. They’re cheaper than Bonneville also.

Nov 24, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #268 of 470
Black Star had a very balanced signature. From what I could hear, no specific frequency was emphasized over the others. It was very tight sounding. Mids have that typical Campfire special sauce, very holographic.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #270 of 470

Users who are viewing this thread

Back