CAMPFIRE AUDIO Australia - New Zealand Tour (Reviews and Impressions) ORION / LYRA / JUPITER / ANDROMEDA
Apr 3, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #211 of 340
  Jupiter on its express post way to @Wyd4

Thank Vic!

Haha nice. I have my mojo and Rosie's here and Jupiters in my mailbox at work. Can't wait to compare them.

I hope you get to hear them soon. Please let us know your early impressions when you get the time.

Apr 3, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #212 of 340
I have them :D

Initial impressions are exceedingly positive.

Loving the smooth detailed balanced sound.  I have tried most genre's and find them to be very enjoyable.

I am reserving judgement as I found the Lyra very nice initially but underwhelming as time went on.

That being said, these arent a signature that jumps out at you as exciting so I think they should hold true to initial impressions.

I am on the fence whether I prefer these or my Roses.  The Jupiter certainly seems a little more versatile across genres.

Very nice.

Apr 3, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #213 of 340
Just listening to the Rosie again.

It is also very nice.

I find the Rosie to be my preference among the Roxanne, Angie and Rosie, I've not tried the Layla.
While the Rosie is probably the most dark of those in my opinion when comparing the Rosie and the Jupiter I find the Jupiter to be a sweet smooth sound, very polite, but all registers well represented.
Where as I find the Rosie, even though its still quite easy on the ears with foam tips, to be a punch in the ear by comparison.  Rude, indignant and obnoxious.  But good :p

I feel the highs seem more prominent on the Rosie, yet the Jupiter has more sparkle.

I am quite conflicted :p

Apr 3, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #214 of 340
Just listening to the Rosie again.

It is also very nice.

I find the Rosie to be my preference among the Roxanne, Angie and Rosie, I've not tried the Layla.

While the Rosie is probably the most dark of those in my opinion when comparing the Rosie and the Jupiter I find the Jupiter to be a sweet smooth sound, very polite, but all registers well represented.

Where as I find the Rosie, even though its still quite easy on the ears with foam tips, to be a punch in the ear by comparison.  Rude, indignant and obnoxious.  But good :p

I feel the highs seem more prominent on the Rosie, yet the Jupiter has more sparkle.

I am quite conflicted :p

That is why I sold my Angie1 before jump into jupiter

Jupiter really created high definition of music, clarty with detailed.

Feels like wtach 4k TV :)

Apr 4, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #215 of 340
Orion review posted - http://www.head-fi.org/products/campfire-audio-orion/reviews/15678

Thanks again Mark.  Pretty sure I'll be buying a pair eventually.  Loved them.

With a fair bit of regret, they're on their way to Yudi tomorrow.

Apr 4, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #216 of 340
  Orion review posted - http://www.head-fi.org/products/campfire-audio-orion/reviews/15678

wow.
thanks for the review.
however, id like to know if which of the two you prefer - the jupiter or the orion?

Apr 4, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #217 of 340
  wow.
thanks for the review.
however, id like to know if which of the two you prefer - the jupiter or the orion?

I pretty much disliked the Jupiter.  Loved its bass and treble. Disliked its mid-range.  I'm sensitive to big drops at 2-3 kHz (Jupiter has a 10 dB drop).  To me it makes the IEM very incoherent between upper and lower mid-range. A lot of people like it though - it just doesn't gel with me at all.

Loved the Orion.  I'll end up buying one.

Apr 4, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #218 of 340

I pretty much disliked the Jupiter.  Loved its bass and treble. Disliked its mid-range.  I'm sensitive to big drops at 2-3 kHz (Jupiter has a 10 dB drop).  To me it makes the IEM very incoherent between upper and lower mid-range. A lot of people like it though - it just doesn't gel with me at all.

Loved the Orion.  I'll end up buying one.

thanks for answering...
im actually juggling wether i will buy the jupiter, the orion or just end with the ortofon eq5. :)
i find the orion too balanced (flat)... and its not that I disliked the sonic signature... its just maybe im looking for some 
energy/excitement with the sound. its really perfect for me as a neutral iem. very flat. but not too engaging for my kind of taste. :)

i wish i could get a hold of the jupiter. :)
its one of the best ive heard to date.

Apr 4, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #220 of 340

You're welcome Paul.

Had a strong feeling you were going to like the Orion. I'm glad you reviewed them.
Thanks mate.

Apr 8, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #222 of 340
Just wanted to give a shout-out to the extremely kind and generous folks at Campfire Audio for helping me out with my broken cable!  Let's just say the cable issue wasn't in any way their fault, and I contacted them asking about possibly repairing it, and they were happy to send me a replacement, no questions asked.  They're truly generous wonderful to deal with and they definitely deserve your business.  I love my Orions and Campfire Audio has definitely earned a loyal customer from here on!

Apr 8, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #223 of 340
That's awesome. Good on you, ALO. I love the idea of the Orion. As a fan of the audeo pfe series, the Orion seems like a beefed up pair of those to me. Hope to hear them one day.

Apr 8, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #224 of 340
That's awesome. Good on you, ALO. I love the idea of the Orion. As a fan of the audeo pfe series, the Orion seems like a beefed up pair of those to me. Hope to hear them one day.

I personally preferred my Orion over the Jupiter. IMO, the Orion is a single BA IEM perfectly executed!

Apr 8, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #225 of 340
I personally preferred my Orion over the Jupiter. IMO, the Orion is a single BA IEM perfectly executed!

It's kind of interesting to note that the Jupiter and Lyra were getting pretty much 100% of the attention before this tour began. Now it seems like the Orion has stolen some of the thunder and people are realizing how good it really is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back