CAMPFIRE AUDIO Australia - New Zealand Tour (Reviews and Impressions) ORION / LYRA / JUPITER / ANDROMEDA
Aug 23, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #332 of 340
It's kind of interesting to note that the Jupiter and Lyra were getting pretty much 100% of the attention before this tour began. Now it seems like the Orion has stolen some of the thunder and people are realizing how good it really is.

Since about 2 years have passed since my last post on this thread, I have owned all of the CA phones except the Dorado and the new Polaris. I have since sold them all and re-purchased the Orion, which remains one of my favorite IEM's. As my musical preferences center around acoustic, vocals and classical genre's, it is hard to imagine a better sounding phone than the Orion. My current Orion configuration is with Spinfit tips and balanced copper cable from Plus Sound.

Aug 23, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #333 of 340
Since about 2 years have passed since my last post on this thread, I have owned all of the CA phones except the Dorado and the new Polaris. I have since sold them all and re-purchased the Orion, which remains one of my favorite IEM's. As my musical preferences center around acoustic, vocals and classical genre's, it is hard to imagine a better sounding phone than the Orion. My current Orion configuration is with Spinfit tips and balanced copper cable from Plus Sound.

Indeed.
When I did the initial review of Lyra, Orion and Jupiter I found my favourite to be the Orion.

Since then I have heard and prefer the Andromeda, however the Orion is absolutely fantastic.

Aug 25, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #335 of 340
Glad this thread is still active,

Just grabbed some jupiters at a good price with the tinsel cable.

I have read all the reviews and they seem to be all over the place, my question is; could this be due to the litz cable variation?

E.g, some say they are intimate some say holographic and huge soundstage, some say smooth and yet others say sibilant,

almost every factor is subjective.

really looking forward to triing a campfire iem for the first time :) my source is an ak jnr so it has no balanced out, one other thing is that there are no comparisons with the balanced cable which i find strange because it is included in the box.

thank you all for your reviews . very good material

Aug 25, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #336 of 340
With iems there are so many factors.
Tip rolling and seal can affect the sound greatly.
Cable could with these iems given how sensitive they are.
Personal preference also comes in to play.

I had mixed feelings when it come to the Jupiter, however not for a second did I think it was bad. I just thought it was a little bit of a disconnect from the music for me.
Between playing with cables and tips I am sure you will be very happy with them!
Congratulations on your new acquisition :)

Aug 28, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #339 of 340
How do orions sound for metal/rock and trance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back