Calling all Sony MDR-Z1000 owners.
Feb 1, 2011 at 1:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

DjAmTraX

Now known as: HiFiGuy528
Just wondering, where was your MDR-Z1000 made in?  Thailand or Japan?

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #3 of 24
It looks like all Sony headphones are now made in Thailand.  Not that it really matters, but I kinda like "made in Japan" better.

Feb 6, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #7 of 24
this is why Sony's are so easy to ripoff, I was talking to an employee of a boutique*seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy* and he SAYS a lot of fakes are made in the same factories as the legit models, this is the reason why some fakes are so hard to spot.

Feb 6, 2011 at 6:17 AM Post #8 of 24
I'm going with a big so what?

Manufacturing in Japan is tremendously expensive these says and will become more so as the workforce declines, the only thing you need is a good quality control department if you outsource your manufacturing, Nikon has switched the manufacturing of the entirety of it DX line of DSLR's to Thailand, some of the parts of Airbus planes come from China...

And if fakes are manufactured in the same plants, it only means the fakes are better quality than they should be, it says nothing about the real ones.

Feb 8, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #10 of 24
I am not too worry about MDR-Z1000 fakes because they are too new.  I just wanted to get a feel on where most are made in, looks to be Thailand so far.

Feb 12, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #12 of 24
I can't wait till they hit the U.S. streets.  

Feb 13, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #13 of 24

Quote:
Impressions?

Comfortable, well-built, balanced (relatively--I find there is plenty of bass) and detailed. Bass is at least controlled (some might say that without power, there is nothing to control. I feel that without control, power is worse than useless--it's downright dangerous.)

Quote:
I can't wait till they hit the U.S. streets.  

Too bad they are not available there yet. Hope you get a chance to listen to them.

Feb 16, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #14 of 24
I agree with jorzef. It is very comfortable, well-built and balanced. The only problem I feel is that it has a small soundstage and not very dynamic. It is a superb monitor headphones as it advise. But as for listening pleasure, it comes nowhere near my markl-mod d5000. Even though it is a really good headphone, I am thinking of giving it to a friend of mine that studies music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back