Calling All Grado Owners! 3D Printed Cup Project In Progress. Need Cup Dimensions/3D Models.
Jan 12, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #16 of 53
I'm not sure there would necessarily be an advantage to doing this, but it would be cool if you printed the cup around the driver.

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #19 of 53
Do you happen to have the measurements handy? I kind of want to try getting the guy I work with to turn a pair for me....

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #21 of 53
I should be able to do that.  Just PM me your email address and I'll hunt it down and send it to you.  I think it has the HP-1 cups in the same file as I did the modeling at the same time.  100% accuracy not guaranteed. :)

Jan 20, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #23 of 53
Would also love to get my hands on the cad-file, have been sitting this afternoon modeling a pair of cups i would like to make and cant be sure of the measurements.. could post a pic when i get the time!n_maher

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #25 of 53
Does anyone have a line on a 3d model for gimbals?  I have some spare drivers (pair of generic and pair of SR80) and would like to build Grado look headphones.  Walnut cups.  But, stuck on gimbal system and headband.  If there are models out there, I have a 3d printer.  Checking the world before I start my own models.

Jan 21, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #26 of 53
you can find one pair of Grado SR60s on grabcad.com to download.. not sure if its all correct but it should be close. cant seem to add pictures so that will have to wait.

Jan 29, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #29 of 53
Did you get any wood RS-1s turned?

Update on the project: My friend with the 3D printer is on a different work schedule now. I should be able to print some stuff this week.

I did indeed. Not quite up to spec, but I like the result.

Its a hybrid between the RS1 and the custom design I shared earlier in the thread. I popped some brass screens in them and they are off to a friend in Mexico City in the mail today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back