Calling All Grado Owners! 3D Printed Cup Project In Progress. Need Cup Dimensions/3D Models.
Mar 19, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #46 of 53
Quote:
  I'm looking to 3D print a couple different style cups for Grados. I have a friend who completed his 3D printer a few weeks ago and if they're is enough interest, I'll be getting one too. I'm most interested in Full Wood Bodied and Full Metal Bodied Grados. Once we can get our tolerances in check I may have some for people to test out. He has printed an SR-X0i cup for the test run and it fits well and sounds as good as stock. I used the following model (found on Head-Fi) with a few changes:

Reviving an old thread ...
I have an OLD set of SR80 cans with the short cups. They don't get used much since I picked up a couple SR325 (is and e) over the years, so I thought I'd play.

The dimensions above did not allow the cups to pivot in the gimbals.  I also made a few other adjustments based on my own measurements, and thought I'd try to add a little additional volume with an undercut - just for grins.  Here's where I ended up for the design ...

Hmmmm .... well it seems new members cannot add attachments.  Perhaps the mods/admins can let me know when I'm a good enough person to use attachments and I'll be back to finish the update.

'Til later ...

Jun 5, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #47 of 53
Does anyone have a line on a 3d model for gimbals? I have some spare drivers (pair of generic and pair of SR80) and would like to build Grado look headphones. Walnut cups. But, stuck on gimbal system and headband. If there are models out there, I have a 3d printer. Checking the world before I start my own models.

I have models for rodblocks, gimbals, cups, and spacers. Lemme know if you want them.

Feb 25, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #51 of 53
re-upping this old thread. have a big block of koa that iʻd like to turn into rs-1(-ish) cups. does anyone here have the CAD files? thanks!

Feb 25, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #52 of 53
Here's what I ended up with.
I was making cups for SR80 cans.
I have attached a ZIP with STP and STL files.
I combined the two parts while printing. The grid was printed with hex infill and no top/bottom layers to create the screen.
I printed a few sets of these and they fit fine. They improved the bass on my old SR80s which had the shallow cups, but I listen to 325s now, so I didn't do any serious comparisons/listening with this particular design.

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• SR80.zip
    195.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back