Calling All Grado Owners! 3D Printed Cup Project In Progress. Need Cup Dimensions/3D Models.
Dec 27, 2013 at 2:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

Transformatron

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to 3D print a couple different style cups for Grados. I have a friend who completed his 3D printer a few weeks ago and if they're is enough interest, I'll be getting one too. I'm most interested in Full Wood Bodied and Full Metal Bodied Grados. Once we can get our tolerances in check I may have some for people to test out. He has printed an SR-X0i cup for the test run and it fits well and sounds as good as stock. I used the following model (found on Head-Fi) with a few changes:

and here is the cup:

Dec 28, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #3 of 53
Subbed...if I get a minute today I will get dims on the cups I get my local guy to make. Think RS1 without all the angles.

Dec 28, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #5 of 53
They are for fully liberated drivers, with a strip of foam tape wrapped around them.

Dec 28, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #7 of 53
...now that would be interesting.

So I feel like a complete assclown. I don't have a way to draw these up digitally, would some simple numbers work for you?

Dec 29, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #9 of 53
Subbed. Very excited about this idea. It would be an amazing opportunity to explore different materials efficiently! I myself want to try some ceramic types and heavy metals such as brass or maybe even sterling silver.

Whenever you feel it's perfected, would love a pm of the 3D file :)

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #10 of 53
Alright, here we go...all rather rough, and perspective makes it tricky, but I think you get the gist :)

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #11 of 53
  Subbed. Very excited about this idea. It would be an amazing opportunity to explore different materials efficiently! I myself want to try some ceramic types and heavy metals such as brass or maybe even sterling silver.

Whenever you feel it's perfected, would love a pm of the 3D file :)

Will do!

We are currently tweaking 3 different styles; a slip on sleeve with an RS1/2 style, a full wood (plastic) jacket for liberated drivers with RS1/2 styling, and a closed Bushmills copy that hasn't been printed yet. Once we get the models finalized we need to decide on filament and print density.

Dec 30, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #13 of 53
No worries...I am dying to see how this turns out...

A note on my design, it gives the drivers room, and requires foam tape to get a proper fit. If you need some, pm me, and I can pop some over to you. I can also share the part number and web site for ordering.

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #15 of 53
Correct...the folks here in the US are stuck on the inch and eighths as well. I actually grew up metric in South Africa...LOL. Used inches because I couldn't find a metric ruler at the office when I had time to do the pics :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back