Cable annoyance help
Jan 26, 2011 at 11:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TLDMan

Head-Fier
I like my HD201s, but they have a problem that I can't seem to get used to. While one side of the V-shape is straight, the other side curves inward. This causes it to press up against the skin with even the slightest movement, something that has become extremely annoying. I'm not getting used to it and I can't seem to make the problem go away. Without recabling, does anyone have a suggestion of how to fix this? Thanks.

Jan 28, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #4 of 5
If I understand correctly, you're talking about the part where the cable splits in two and goes into the headphone cups, right? Have you tried hanging the headphones on something and letting the cable hang to straighten itself out?

Jan 28, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #5 of 5
I'm going to assume that these don't have removable cables.  If they did, I'd just unplug the curled up one and give it a twirl.  Have you tried running all of the cable through the 'V' in either direction to see if one is better?  Otherwise, you could just run the cable over your back instead of in front of your chest.  I totally sympathize with your problem- I have sensitive skin and itch at the slightest brush of anything on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back