C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Feb 12, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #646 of 3,421
you could probably hit up a decent dollar store for that sort of thing dirt cheap.

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #649 of 3,421
Quote:
No way dude dual lock 4 life son

biggrin.gif
, i've used velcro and that just doesn't work at all (with my useage, ithrow it to my bag, pocket yms and it always comes off.....
size]
)

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #650 of 3,421
The rubber bands work good but the rubber feet keep it from sliding around when using the bands - No Dual lock for me - gotta be able to switch amps/add a DAC etc.

Feb 12, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #651 of 3,421
Quote:
The rubber bands work good but the rubber feet keep it from sliding around when using the bands - No Dual lock for me - gotta be able to switch amps/add a DAC etc.

Same here.

I see those locking things as pointless.

Unless of course you're planning to strap your amp to some DAP forever lol

Feb 12, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #652 of 3,421
Quote:

Same here.

I see those locking things as pointless.

Unless of course you're planning to strap your amp to some DAC forever lol

lol you can separate the two and attach them again in a matter of seconds with dual lock. that's the beauty of it - not some kind of permanent thing

Feb 12, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #654 of 3,421
Quote:
Haha dual lock is basically velcro. I like using it so the rubberbands don't cover half my iPod screen

This is an idea that I have been toying with lately. All my DAPs so far are apple devices and the one problem that I am having is that no matter how you configure the bands, they always cover something, and it rather annoying. I was using "O" Rings for awhile because they are so thin, but they started raising my screen shield I have on my iPod so that was definitely a no-no. Only thing that is really keeping my from trying dual lock is the adhesive they use to stick on the strip. Does it leave any residue or will it harm my iPod at all if I remove it? Also, how tight does it grip? If I hold only my iPod and shake it down and up will the amp (if heavy enough, an E12 maybe) unattach and drop? Does are my only concerns with dual lock.

Feb 12, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #655 of 3,421
Quote:
This is an idea that I have been toying with lately. All my DAPs so far are apple devices and the one problem that I am having is that no matter how you configure the bands, they always cover something, and it rather annoying. I was using "O" Rings for awhile because they are so thin, but they started raising my screen shield I have on my iPod so that was definitely a no-no. Only thing that is really keeping my from trying dual lock is the adhesive they use to stick on the strip. Does it leave any residue or will it harm my iPod at all if I remove it? Also, how tight does it grip? If I hold only my iPod and shake it down and up will the amp (if heavy enough, an E12 maybe) unattach and drop? Does are my only concerns with dual lock.

no, adhesive residue on the loe profile dual lock is very little. dropping after shaking is impossible -2 small trips can holf up to 3-5kg, so unlrss your amp is 5kg you won't have problems

Feb 12, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #657 of 3,421
Quote:
Quote:

no, adhesive residue on the loe profile dual lock is very little. dropping after shaking is impossible -2 small trips can holf up to 3-5kg, so unlrss your amp is 5kg you won't have problems

Jeezus I'm never gonna get a haircut if I keep finding out about these things. First it's LODs, and interconnects, and now I have a sudden need to lual lock my BH to my ipod touch. Only issue I see coming from that is the fact my iPod Touch has that bevelled back plate, so the flat surfaces of both the BH and iPod Touch are kinda minimal.

As for the bands covering a part of my DAP, not an issue for me as I've found a spot where all my controls are useable, but playing Angry Birdsis a PITA haha. This Dual lock thing sounds interesting. I had no idea this thing existed, I was gonna consider velcro pads but this looks a lot better.

Feb 12, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #658 of 3,421
I'm very interested in this amp but I'm particularly interested if any1 has tried to double amp it with ZO yet if there's any issues like audible hissing or whatever.

Feb 12, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #659 of 3,421
Quote:
lol you can separate the two and attach them again in a matter of seconds with dual lock. that's the beauty of it - not some kind of permanent thing

Haha, wouldn't it come unstuck after a while though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back