C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!) [Buyer Review]
Feb 12, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #661 of 3,421
Quote:

Haha, wouldn't it come unstuck after a while though?

Actually, no! Dual lock is amazing stuff - like plastic velcro that never becomes loose and keeps stuff together after hundreds of times of separating your DAP with the rest of the equipment. Last year I bought 5m of low profile dual lock for 10 bucks from the local store and I'm set for life

Feb 12, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #662 of 3,421
Actually, no! Dual lock is amazing stuff - like plastic velcro that never becomes loose and keeps stuff together after hundreds of times of separating your DAP with the rest of the equipment. Last year I bought 5m of low profile dual lock for 10 bucks from the local store and I'm set for life

Wow, learn some thing new every day.

I'll have to consider getting some when my BH arrives next week.

I still have to get a silver plated LOD too.

Feb 12, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #664 of 3,421
I wouldn't get a silver LOD for the bh dude it's already got pretty good treble, might be too much with the silver, if anything I'd get pure copper

Oh ok thanks! I was considering a copper plated one...

Would it be good enough?

I will be using it with my E11 too before my BH comes.

Feb 12, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #665 of 3,421
Quote:

Hmm, that stuff looks great. But, can you get it off if necessary (for instance, if you want to sell the unit)?

Feb 12, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #667 of 3,421
I'm very interested in this amp but I'm particularly interested if any1 has tried to double amp it with ZO yet if there's any issues like audible hissing or whatever.

I know a member that has both I shall speak to them for you.

Wow, learn some thing new every day.

I'll have to consider getting some when my BH arrives next week.

I still have to get a silver plated LOD too.

geko95gek, I guess pure copper would be fine, (not FiiO though) however as I've said I'm having best results using silver plated here. (not pure silver) I don't recommend pure silver, it would probably push things over the edge unless you're using warm IEM / headphone (for example Westone 3). Do you prefer a warm, bassy thick signature or crisp, airy one? The silver plated cable I am using is also offering a wider soundstage then copper (I know it sounds crazy) but my preferences are also focused towards brighter signatures. I like the clarity and treble snap, gives the bass better texture for me.

Feb 12, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #668 of 3,421
Quote:

Hmm, that stuff looks great. But, can you get it off if necessary (for instance, if you want to sell the unit)?

yeah, it's super easy to remove. That's why I use it. As far as the interconnect goes I think you're pushing it a little too far. Especially that quote that you either like sound warm and thick or a crisp one. Anyway I've done some in depth testing of interconnect cables and I still prefer my OCC cryo copper cable but I have to admit that most difference is in the treble region and down to personal preferences
edit: I also, have to admit that I cracked and ordered a BH

Feb 12, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #669 of 3,421
yeah, it's super easy to remove. That's why I use it. As far as the interconnect goes I think you're pushing it a little too far. Especially that quote that you either like sound warm and thick or a crisp one. Anyway I've done some in depth testing of interconnect cables and I still prefer my OCC cryo copper cable but I have to admit that most difference is in the treble region and down to personal preferences
edit: I also, have to admit that I cracked and ordered a BH

I think it should be noted that while there are changes it's more similar to tip rolling, my words may seem like overkill but I cannot allocate a percentage of meaning to them. You know Kova, others would disagree you, for example in the Tralucent thread, they report day / night differences using different IEM cables. So really it all depends on your gear. I know the amp responds positively to different metals, I've just been doing it but 20 minutes ago, but as I said the cable changes are not like changing to a brighter headphone, it's subtle but surely noticeable, and those are the changes I encounter.

Feb 12, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #670 of 3,421
Dude you'll be good I'm using a fiio L9 and it sounds great, silver has lots of treble tho

Yeah I was just thinking of getting a copper plated one off ebay for £15, it looks cryo and custom made.

I know a member that has both I shall speak to them for you.
geko95gek, I guess pure copper would be fine, (not FiiO though) however as I've said I'm having best results using silver plated here. (not pure silver) I don't recommend pure silver, it would probably push things over the edge unless you're using warm IEM / headphone (for example Westone 3). Do you prefer a warm, bassy thick signature or crisp, airy one? The silver plated cable I am using is also offering a wider soundstage then copper (I know it sounds crazy) but my preferences are also focused towards brighter signatures. I like the clarity and treble snap, gives the bass better texture for me.

I like treble to have definition, but at the same time I don't want to be shrill since I listen to mostly Trance.

@kova4a Congrats on the order, hopefully you'll get it around the same time as me.

Feb 12, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #671 of 3,421
Quote:
I think it should be noted that while there are changes it's more similar to tip rolling and my words may seem like overkill but I cannot allocate a percentage of meaning to them. You know Kova, others would disagree you, for example in the Tralucent thread, they report day / night differences using different IEM cables. So really it all depends on your gear. I know the amp responds differently to different metals I've just been doing in but 20 minutes ago, but as I said the cable changed are not like changing to a brighter headphone it's subtle but surely noticeable and those are the changes I encounter.

I'm not saying it doesn't change - I'm just saying that most people say its bright and pushing the treble, so a pure copper interconnect should be the way to go. Anyway, I know. you're just talking nonsense coz you're super happy about me ordering the BH. I' still might pick up the C5 also though

Feb 12, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #672 of 3,421
I'm not saying it doesn't change - I'm just saying that most people say its bright and pushing the treble, so a pure copper interconnect should be the way to go. Anyway, I know. you're just talking nonsense coz you're super happy about me ordering the BH. I' still might pick up the C5 also though

Haha, I didn't know you ordered one! (for the members I had been on at Kova for while about it) Good for you buddy, you should be really impressed.

:smile:

@!: geko95gek: personally I'd go for silver plated, but either way you'll still be winning.

Feb 12, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #673 of 3,421
Quote:
Haha, I didn't know you ordered one! (for the members I had been on at Kova for while about it) Good for you buddy, you should be really impressed.

Yeah, just to go against you in that silver interconnect crusade. Anyway, I have to admit that I'm a big treble head, so I think the BH will be just for me but I'm still 99% going for the C5. I just have to spend as much money as I can on audio equipment coz I'm losing serious money on poker and it would be better if I get at least a couple new things instead of just wasting hundreds of dollars

Feb 12, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #674 of 3,421
Yeah, just to go against you in that silver interconnect crusade. Anyway, I have to admit that I'm a big treble head, so I think the BH will be just for me but I'm still 99% going for the C5. I just have to spend as much money as I can on audio equipment coz I'm losing serious money on poker and it would be better if I get at least a couple new things instead of just wasting hundreds of dollars

That's the way I look at this hobby really, the money would only be going down the drain or unneeded causes otherwise, at the very least there's something to show here. (helps ease the pain) :p I consider the amp a good little investment, it really sets you up for future headphone / IEM purchases too. sell your E11 and play poker with the money. :wink:

By the way guy's I have a really really nice Hybrid here at the moment from Rhapsodio called the RDB+, pairs wonderfully with the BH. even more so than the amp provided in the tour package.

Feb 12, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #675 of 3,421
Quote:
That's the way I look at this hobby really, the money would only be going down the drain or unneeded causes otherwise, at the very least there's something to show here. (helps ease the pain)
tongue.gif
I consider the amp a good little investment, it really sets you up for future headphone / IEM purchases too. sell your E11 and play poker with the money.
wink.gif

By the way guy's I have a really really nice Hybrid here at the moment from Rhapsodio called the RDB+, pairs wonderfully with the BH. even more so than the amp provided in the tour package.

LOL Selling the e11 is pointless as the money will barely cover one hand. BTw, good for you and the RDB+ - I've been consi9deing it for a while and those cute zippo balanced amps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back