Buying Stax SR-009 From PriceJapan.com??
Aug 14, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #61 of 88
How did you open price japan?I tried to but something called Gabia.login always comes out.
The website is down entirely now, there is nothing wrong. Looks like the business is no more

Aug 14, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #63 of 88
You know about any other website where i can get SR 007 and SR 009 for low prices?
Unfortunately not, 007 mk2 and 009 are 2 different signature, also 007 requries heavier amping. Have you listened to them before to make this decision?

Aug 15, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #65 of 88
This was a year ago, PJ was still in operation, I just opened the PJ site as normal.
Now this "Gabia" page opens for me too, probably a site just telling you the Price Japan site is now down.
Using Google Translate :

"The site you requested does not connect because your hosting service has expired. Connection is available after extended service."

"The hosting service is "Expired" status
If you do not renew within 30 days of expiration, all data will be deleted.
You can extend it from 'Extend without login' or 'my gabbia'."

I suppose Google Translation does mix up a bit about "you" and "them"!

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #66 of 88
How did you open price japan?I tried to but something called Gabia.login always comes out.

I would move on from PJ IMO. They are either gone, or worse, half gone and taking peoples money. Read the posts going back some months and on the other forum....

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #69 of 88
Yes guys: PriceJapan is gone for good. It was a nice option for 15 years, but it's dead now. It was always a 1-man show (Kaneda), and he's either dead, or incapacitated, or went the way of Mikhail/Singlepower (i.e. stealing people's money/gear while falling off face of the head-fi earth).
Guys, the owner died and no one is taking up after him.

It is very unfortunate, we don't know how fragile lif is in Japan due to all the earthquakes and Tsunami....let alone old-age. If this is true, it is heart breaking

Aug 16, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #70 of 88
Guys, the owner died and no one is taking up after him.

Wow, that is bad, I am very sorry. BUT someone should take the site down and remove the payment options? Otherwise money is lost by innocent buyers, some maybe on this forum. I just checked now and it is still up but very slow.

Aug 17, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #72 of 88
that is sad news. i've purchased a number of items from pricejapan and always found kaneda honest and efficient to deal with.

Aug 17, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #73 of 88
Try Kuboten.com. The owner, Craig, is a Head-Fier. He lives down the road from me and used to own a lot of Stax gear.

Dec 18, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #74 of 88
Yes, it appears pricejapan.com sleeps with the fishes.

Any suggestions for U.S. dealers for L700/353X? Elusivedisc is a dealer, yes?

I can't even find the U.S. Stax importer webpage, anyone have it?

Thanks for any info.

Dec 18, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #75 of 88
Yes, it appears pricejapan.com sleeps with the fishes.

Any suggestions for U.S. dealers for L700/353X? Elusivedisc is a dealer, yes?

I can't even find the U.S. Stax importer webpage, anyone have it?

Thanks for any info.

Try Woo Audio, they’re a U.S.A. Stax dealer. HeadAmp is another one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back