Buying in China?
Dec 20, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #2 of 8
MDR-EX1000.
Pretty expensive over at Mingo's (3500 HKD?), but search on Taobao and you shall find some pretty cheap (fine, still 2600+ CNY/RMB).
Also Triple.Fi's if you'd like, they've dropped to ER-4 levels (~1600 CNY). Seems like IE8's are dropping, too.
However the SE535 seems to be at around 3500 CNY.

Hope this helps.

Dec 20, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #3 of 8
Thanks for the prompt reply but your tastes are a little too rich for my blood.  I use my IEMs while commuting and have lost/damaged so many that I'm sticking to the under $100 range. I am currently using SoundMagic PL 50s and I'm not satisfied with the bass. (although I was warned that they were lacking in this regard and went ahead and bought them anyhow)

Thanks again.

Quote:
MDR-EX1000.
Pretty expensive over at Mingo's (3500 HKD?), but search on Taobao and you shall find some pretty cheap (fine, still 2600+ CNY/RMB).
Also Triple.Fi's if you'd like, they've dropped to ER-4 levels (~1600 CNY). Seems like IE8's are dropping, too.
However the SE535 seems to be at around 3500 CNY.

Hope this helps.

May 24, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #4 of 8
since I'll be there in late summer, can anyone recommend things to find in china? anything easier to find there than here, places to check out in beijing... grateful for any and all tips

May 24, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #5 of 8
For earphones, the westone are actually cheaper, especially the non um series, and like 3602 said, triplefi, senn ie8 are cheaper as well.
Head amp or DAC are also cheaper, especially the m-stage and matrix mini-i and matrix cube, of course you have to do some look around.

Melomaniac, depends on what you want, you can definitely find some weird stuff in beijing. Places to check out is probably...agh can't think of anything other than food, been in beijing too long i guess (7years), but i do know a good church if you want to find one.

Let me know if you have any questions about beijing haha.

Have fun

May 25, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #6 of 8
thanks T.F.O.A - I assume the looking around would need to go beyond Bai Nao Hui near the Chaoyangmen subway...

do you recommend looking around Zho Zhongguancun near the university?

Quote:
For earphones, the westone are actually cheaper, especially the non um series, and like 3602 said, triplefi, senn ie8 are cheaper as well.
Head amp or DAC are also cheaper, especially the m-stage and matrix mini-i and matrix cube, of course you have to do some look around.

Melomaniac, depends on what you want, you can definitely find some weird stuff in beijing. Places to check out is probably...agh can't think of anything other than food, been in beijing too long i guess (7years), but i do know a good church if you want to find one.

Let me know if you have any questions about beijing haha.

Have fun

May 25, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #7 of 8
VSonic GR07... it's not much cheaper in China, but since LendMeUrEars is the only place outside of China that officially sells them and they're currently out of stock, they're hard to come by... while you're at it you can probably buy a few more pairs to resell to the other IEM-hungry Head-Fiers starving for the GR07... lol

May 25, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #8 of 8
@ melomaniac

For earphones,amp and stuff, it's spread around the city, even in zhong guan cun area you'll probably only find around 5 stores.
The best way to look it up is to go to taobao, and then narrow your search by choosing the beijing area only. From there starts checking if any of those sellers has a store that you can go and visit. there is one store that you can get try headphones and earphones, search for jaben beijing on taobao, that one is near the Da Wang Lu subway stop, (line 1).

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back