Buying an amp, need some help
Apr 10, 2010 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Crooks141

Head-Fier
I just recieved my PRO 750's this week, and their burning in now. So far their just alright. I just have them playing out of onboard audio so i tihnk this has something to do with this. I want to get an amp or maybe soundcard to get everything out of these headphones. I listen to trance/house music pretty much 100% of the time. I kind of like the sound of the pro 750's, although the treble is somewhat overpowering, so the amp i want to get would not be very bright, something to just give the bass more power, mids etc and not so much the treble. Im looking to spend less that 250$, and i live in Canada.

Apr 10, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #2 of 6
You might consider a Millet Starving Student. A friend of mine has one and I've listened to it a good bit - very nice sound, and does smooth the treble a smidge.

Apr 10, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #3 of 6
You might want to go for a DAC/amp combo if you're using your computer as source.

Try looking at the Audio GD Fun here (updated version of Compass):
FUN

Or Tianyun Zero here (only sell through eBay it seems; cheaper, also popular):
ZERO

If you want something portable,
try iBasso products here:
iBasso

If you only want an amp and don't need/want a DAC, look at Little Dot amps here:
LittleDot

I can never remember the prices in doallrs because I'm from the UK but you should be able to find something within your price range.
All these brands are very popular on Head-Fi and have all received great reviews. Just search the name and you'll come up with loads of stuff. I know these are all Chinese brands, I didn't do that on purpose, they're just all very good.

I always feel that the longer you spend searching and researching, the less likely you are to regret purchasing whatever you choose.

Enjoy!

Apr 11, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyArea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You might want to go for a DAC/amp combo if you're using your computer as source.

Try looking at the Audio GD Fun here (updated version of Compass):
FUN

Or Tianyun Zero here (only sell through eBay it seems; cheaper, also popular):
ZERO

If you want something portable,
try iBasso products here:
iBasso

If you only want an amp and don't need/want a DAC, look at Little Dot amps here:
LittleDot

I can never remember the prices in doallrs because I'm from the UK but you should be able to find something within your price range.
All these brands are very popular on Head-Fi and have all received great reviews. Just search the name and you'll come up with loads of stuff. I know these are all Chinese brands, I didn't do that on purpose, they're just all very good.

I always feel that the longer you spend searching and researching, the less likely you are to regret purchasing whatever you choose.

Enjoy!

listen to this man! he nailed it!

Apr 11, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #5 of 6
Alright thanks man, between the zero and the ibasso P3, ibasso B3 and B2+ which one will work best with the PRO 750's? which will tame the treble the most and bring out the bass/mids?

Apr 11, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #6 of 6
the ibasso D4 mamba has a slightly warm sound signature. and the treble is nice.
i can't say about the rest as i haven't heard them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back