Burson V6 Vivid and V6 Classic Discrete Audio Opamps Discussion and Reviews
Aug 5, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #31 of 537
I have now purchased 4 pcs (2 pairs) of Bursons new OpAmp V6 Vivid dual, and waiting for them to arrive!

A big thumb´s up to the Bursonaudio´s costumer support, that are very handsome and easy to do with!!:point_up:

Just a small question; The spec´s are telling the V5 and V6 will pperate at a minimum of +-3,5/7 VDC.

As my headphone amp only has 5 Volt to the OpAmp, will i be enough to operate the V5 and V6? Or is 7 VDC adding +3,5 AND -3,5?

Aug 6, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #34 of 537
I don't know how the V6 react to burn-in, but I'm in a position to confirm after breaking-in two sets of V5 duals that they change a lot for the better with use. Switching back to the untouched set for comparison every time it was like you said: lifeless, harsh and thin. After 150-200 hours of playing time (playlist run 16/24) they improved a lot, mostly by getting clean and control over things. At 500-600 hours mark they became exceptional and finally settled. Full of sweetness and warmth. I couldn't believe the level of refinement compared to the starting point, but it's true. Had they stayed unchanged, I would have gotten rid of them right away for such a cost.

V6 must be a similar situation. So I think it is unfair to judge the op amps from the first listen.
Got a confirmation that my V6 classic is on it's way this morning. Ordered it on the 13th.

Aug 6, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #35 of 537
Got them, now I have a fine collection of Burson V4, V5, V6 vivid and V6 classic single op amps. and a special candidate also...
What I want to give here is a first impression, how they behave If they are new and not burned in.
V4 is good. Better than any IC Op Amp I tried.
V5 is a little more open, and a very little sounding like modern parts.
V6 classic is more open, detailed and v e r y into face, more 3D (realistic) than classic, great for classical music, voices ect...
V6 vivid Very open, clear, more dynamic than classic, great for Jazz, Pop, Rock, my personal favourite for the music I listen to.... exept : look at the right side of the photograph... there are only 3 pieces alive all over the planet. I will tell more about it, if all my op amps are burned in. So then things can be compared...
But as far as I can say now: V6 is a progress...

Burson Op Amps.jpg
1"]Got a confirmation that my V6 classic is on it's way this morning. Ordered it on the 13th.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #38 of 537
To this day I do not know if I buy "Sparkos Labs SS3602" or "Burson V5 / V6" Op Amp.
Please someone who has tested the two brands who can tell me which one to buy to improve my op amp stock.
I want an original and faithful sound, I do not want an artificial or metallic sound.

In return I will tell you to those who are looking to listen to the highest quality music on speakers I am using: Asus STX II 7.1 + Creative T6300 + Unixonar Driver + Foobar2000. I listen to songs to mp3 320kbps / Flac in 5.1 thanks to channel mixer DSP of Foobar2000.
It is an excellent combination :beyersmile:

Aug 11, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #39 of 537
I'm still waiting for burson v6 vivid dual.
Ordered last Aug 6, 2017, haven't receive any transit info yet.
Anyone tried it on zishan z2?Ü

Relax, I did ordered on July 21st, and I have just received the AWB number and the confirmation that the dispatch has been handled to the courier.
Enjoy the music in the meantime....

:smile_phones:

Aug 12, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #43 of 537
Maybe they´re soldering the OpAmp´s directly for the customer after every purchase!?

I´m curious if it´s possible to buy them unsoldered and finishing by myself, and how much money to save?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back