Burson HA-160D -> John Kenny MK3 incompatibility problems??
Oct 7, 2011 at 2:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Freazy

Head-Fier
I received my John Kenny MK3 a week ago and while the unit connected to my Burson HA-160D sounds good with 16-bit/44.1 khz files there's weird problems with 88.2 khz,96 khz and 192 khz files.I'm hearing music through my Audeze LCD-2 HP but there's a crackling,scraping and wooshing sound even John Kenny never heard something like that.I tried like a million things to solve the problem but to no avail.John even send me a new BNC male to RCA female adapter for free thinking it was a faulty adapter i got but that aint it either.I got audiophile grade Ridge Street Audio Design Poiema S/PDIF and USB cables so it aint the cables either.The noises i'm getting are deminished without the 20 db attenuator but still there.The noise still persist even after i stop the music,i have to shut down the MK3 or play a 44.1 file to get rid off the noises. I'm using this combo in my Windows 7 HTPC rig but tried it on a laptop with windows 7 and a pc with Windows xp and they all have the same problem with those noises. Does anyone has got the same combo Burson HA-160D -> John Kenny MK3 and had incompatibility problems PLEASSE let me know.I'm on the point to sending back the MK3 to John Kenny so he can take a look at it because i dont have another DAC to test and neither off my friends.

Edit 1:I uploaded a recorded 24-bit/192 khz file off the noise coming out off my LCD-2 Headphone in mp3 format.the last part was when i stopped the music and the noise kept on going -> http://www.2shared.com/audio/BKo4I5xy/MK3_noise.html

Oct 7, 2011 at 7:45 AM Post #2 of 2
Update:i tested the Burson on my pc and with 192 khz the Burson made weird noises through the Coaxial input so most likely it was the Burson that is faulty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back