Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
Jun 22, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #1,802 of 1,995
if you are looking for an all in one, with the hear it like it was made to be heard sound, may i suggest my upgraded burson conductor with the AKG K240
smily_headphones1.gif

the akg k240 is a classic studio monitoring can, for the (very) nostalgic sessions with stuff from the 80s and earlier, this is the mk2 version, 55ohmz
k701smile.gif

Jun 22, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #1,803 of 1,995
I'm able to grab the conductor SL 1973 for an exceptionally great price. Planning to use it with the MrSpeakers Alpha Dogs

What are your experiences with this piece?

Any cons?

Any known driver issues with windows 7 64bit?

Anyone managed to get it to work with linux?

I would really appreciate some first-hand experience before I pull the trigger as it is a lot of money for me. Thanks in advance
beerchug.gif

Jun 23, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #1,804 of 1,995
hm, i had a session with the mad dogs 3.2, alpha pads, last week on my conductor, and it did a impressive job balancing the "darkness", "boldness" of the dogs, and the soundstage scaled pretty open and large as expected from a burson

and the dog's owner said was impressed by the bass control

perhaps if the alpha dogs are quite brighter/neutral by default it may not be so good as with the 3.2 ?

Jun 29, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #1,807 of 1,995
anyone using the conductor or soloist with the new fazor lcd2, lcd3 and lcd-x?

and with the akg q701 or the k702 or k712?

please share some impressions

btw i'm enjoying the akg k240 mk2 55Ohm a lot!

seems the conductor does great with mids centric darkish monitor cans...

Jun 29, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #1,808 of 1,995
  anyone using the conductor or soloist with the new fazor lcd2, lcd3 and lcd-x?

and with the akg q701 or the k702 or k712?

please share some impressions

btw i'm enjoying the akg k240 mk2 55Ohm a lot!

seems the conductor does great with mids centric darkish monitor cans...

Glad to hear it. Not an expensive set of cans either. Please do tell us more about the sound.

Jun 29, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #1,809 of 1,995
http://www.head-fi.org/products/akg-k240-mkii-headphones/reviews

i like it cos it remind me of the nice mids of the lcd2 and mad dogs 3.2 alpha pads

a cheap lcd2, with much lower overall technical performance but equally able to sound good if amped good, if not amped it's just thin and sterile

Jun 29, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #1,811 of 1,995
yeah kind of makes me wonder if such 200$ hp can sound so much better with a 2k$ conductor, how good could a 2k$ lcd3 be when plugged in a 20k$ device? ofc just kidding, the point is, my upgraded conductor is fantastic and somebody buy it from me already
cool.gif

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #1,812 of 1,995
Got this upgrade USB module today from Burson. Installation was without problem.
I use Mac and Conductor is not recognized as Burson Conductor, but as speaker. I don't know if it's a problem, cause I still have sound through. I think I need an updated driver for this USB module. Does anybody knows, where can I get it? Also, with the stock module the unit was hot when working. Now, with the new one it's just a little bit worm. 
And also, the sound improved. $65 well spent.

Jul 22, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #1,815 of 1,995
  Got this upgrade USB module today from Burson. Installation was without problem.
I use Mac and Conductor is not recognized as Burson Conductor, but as speaker. I don't know if it's a problem, cause I still have sound through. I think I need an updated driver for this USB module. Does anybody knows, where can I get it? Also, with the stock module the unit was hot when working. Now, with the new one it's just a little bit worm. 
And also, the sound improved. $65 well spent.

Look on the downloads section of the burson website. They have the drivers for the Cmedia usb. 

How does the burson conductor fair against Lehmann audio BCL USB?

Personally liked it over the Lehmann specially in the Dac section. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back