Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
Apr 6, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #1,638 of 1,995
I really think Conductor is one of the gears that pairs well with most headphones out there. This is one of its strong points.

Apr 7, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #1,641 of 1,995
I just sprang the $14.99 for a set of the IsoNode feet for my Conductor.

Of course they recommended all of their product's but suggested the Little Rock 6.1s on top of the Conductor as the next best
option. I wonder why a bag of sand would not work just as well but......

http://www.brightstaraudio.com.

I don't think I've ever seen so many positive review's before.

Apr 7, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #1,643 of 1,995
http://youtu.be/8X_2oYNYz0A

I don't believe in isonode!

I believe I feel ill after listening to that song.
eek.gif

I guess maybe I buy into what reviewer's say too much. I'll find out.

Apr 8, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #1,644 of 1,995
Now contemplating upgraded headphone cables.  Anyone have opinions on brand, copper-vs-silver, etc.?

Copper should provide more bass slam and tames the sparkly treble and silver should provide more detail and air and tightens up the bass as far as I've heard. I see that a lot of people use silver cables with the Audeze LCD-X and they seem to like it a lot even though the LCD-X are considered a little bright.

Some popular cable brands are Moon-Audio, Toxic Cables, Norne Audio, & Double Helix Cables

Congrats on your new Burson Conductor! I too have the same setup and it's about a week old now!

Hope this helps! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #1,645 of 1,995
Thank you very much for the reply. Your comments were consistent with what I've read from others. I tend to favor air and detail over richness and body but I know that Drew at Moon Audio recommended their Black a Dragon cables which are copper.

Looking for some pre-owned cables to start to get my feet wet before jumping in and buying something more serious.

Thank you again.

-a

Apr 9, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #1,646 of 1,995
a friend bought a cable from ForzaAudio for his lcdX
and he s very happy..now we don  know if is only copper or hybrid!
anyway the soundstage has been become bigger and the the detail is increased with a slight faster bass rensponse
(sorry for the English!)
I got a pure solid copper proaudio cable (Van Damme starquad I guess) pretty cheap, but a step above the stock one
I will receive a silver widow next week, and if you can wait I will write here the differences, if there are somes..
jriver19+conceroHD usb/spdif+conductor+Audeze lcd2.2
ciao
Daniele

Apr 10, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #1,647 of 1,995
Thanks for the cord information.  Lot's of good choices and suggestions, just wish I could test them out ahead of time prior to purchasing.  I suppose that's the fun of Head-fi, if you reached the end-game day one what would you have to look forward to and where would I toil away countless hours perusing all of the posts here.

-a

Apr 10, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #1,649 of 1,995
Montanari was correct. The IsoNodes did not work out. The Conductor has solid knobs underneath from which protrude black cone's that look almost exactly like the IsoNodes.

Removing one of the knobs revealed only a small screw was holding it on. I made a slight attempt at prying out the black cone but figured it was not worth the trouble. It was only luck that I got the knob screwed back on without the screw falling inside. 

I will keep the IsoNodes and try them on something else but I don't recommend them for the Conductor.

Peace.

Edit:  After trying them under a cd player I am convinced they do work. I would not remove the knobs underneath the Burson but...

It might be worth a try to stick the flat side to a quarter (or stack) and position them underneath the Burson.

I will post my future findings for the Burson - (IsoRock 6.1S) - later in this same thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back