Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
Mar 2, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #1,561 of 1,995
Thanks everyone for all the help.
I got the missing drivers from MIKELAP and they worked.

Thats good because i wasnt shure they were for the Conductor i was thinking more for the160 DS i had before .

Mar 3, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #1,562 of 1,995
Thats good because i wasnt shure they were for the Conductor i was thinking more for the160 DS i had before .

I think the 160DS didn't need any separate drivers.

Mar 5, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #1,563 of 1,995
I'm listening my Audeze from my new conductor from a couple of weeks( I got it to demo and never left my house..!)
This evening I tried to connect the unit with the concero hd as a transporter!
I just match the detailed of conductor sabre to the musicality of concero
All this is amazing!
Thank you

Mar 14, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #1,564 of 1,995
Just wanted to chime in to this thread aswell as the LCD-3 appreciating thread.
My left driver is starting to fail. Losing the sound when I jiggle the left cup or tap the grill.

But, I wanted to ask you, when you're adjusting the volume on the Conductor, do you sometime lose audio in the left or right cup of your headphone if the volume knob is between the attenuator steps? My conductor crackle a lot when adjusting the knob (which is common, I am aware) and when I adjust the knob and purposely place it between the attenuator steps. I lose audio or definition of sound. Or has this been related to my LCD-3 failing all along? Thoughts?

Mar 17, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #1,566 of 1,995
Did Someone try to use the concero(hd) as a converter usb to coaxial with the conductor
How is it compared to the hidra X?
I hoped to use just the conductor and sell all my toys But i think I should keep the concero and use it the converter
The sound improvement is so huge and clean and relaxed and deep..
My wallet is crying

Mar 17, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #1,567 of 1,995
Fellow Conductor users running FLAC files on a PC - What players do you all prefer? I've been using MediaMonkey, but now I'm starting to think about playing with players to see if there is much of a difference across them. Any thoughts my friends? Thanks!

Mar 17, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #1,568 of 1,995
  Fellow Conductor users running FLAC files on a PC - What players do you all prefer? I've been using MediaMonkey, but now I'm starting to think about playing with players to see if there is much of a difference across them. Any thoughts my friends? Thanks!

I've been using SongBird for my hi-res files from HDTracks, iTunes for my lossless CD Rips.  Haven't tried anything else so can't say how much influence the media player has on overall sound quality but I definately queue up SongBird and my hi-res files more often because they sound better than the lossless rips.

Mar 17, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #1,569 of 1,995

I use MUSICBEE its all i need and fast but dont tell anybody its a well kept secret lol. A good friend of mine just started with MUSICBEE and says it the first player  he  doesnt have any problems with regards to tags and importing the music into the player .theres regular updates and its easy to use there also a wiki and a forum to help out in case of problems Try it out .                                                                                                                                                                                   One thing i might add that when your cd's are ripped to the player the rip is verified so no surprises when listening, and it plays HIRES files up to 24bits /192 .it handles ASIO, WASAPI ,and plugins and more .

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #1,570 of 1,995
I used Foobar 2000 with good results. After adding Audiophilleo and driver I think JRiver sounds right to my ear's.
But, I also think that's just psychological. It look's good therefore it sounds good.
I love the feature's the program offer's as well.

Mar 18, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #1,571 of 1,995
Thanks all! Was already looking at MusicBee (thanks Mikelap!) so will play with that one first. Take care - mscott

PS - Got myself a pair of LCD-3's last week. Effin' amazing with the Conductor!

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #1,572 of 1,995
  Thanks all! Was already looking at MusicBee (thanks Mikelap!) so will play with that one first. Take care - mscott

PS - Got myself a pair of LCD-3's last week. Effin' amazing with the Conductor!

You wont regret it im shure.You cant go wrong there LCD3 and the Conductor congratulation

Mar 21, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #1,574 of 1,995
Updates:
Audeze lcd2.2
Listening from the conductor is a very explosive sound experience
Built in dac sounds very good and impressive
A bit harsh and metallic
Very detailed
Connecting concero hd as dac to line in 1
The concero has less bass, warmer and maybe a bit more musical and linear
It does everything good but without a lively sound compared to the built in dac
I got even less bass with the two upsampling filter.
I prefer without
Concero hd connected to the Burson in coaxial bridge mode
I got the best of the two gears
Wham factor-without filters- musicality detail
It worth the money? I don't know..
But now it's difficult to go back selling one
(I was thinking to sell the conductor for just the soloist+conceroHD or sell the concero for just the conductor)
I think to keep both
Addiction

Users who are viewing this thread

Back