Burson Audio HA-160
Oct 21, 2012 at 12:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

texastrader

New Head-Fier
Anybody still think the Burson HA-160 is a great amp these days? I know the pace of new amps coming out and new, better audio technology releases rivals that of digital cameras, but I still think this is terrific amp and wonder if I can still get a good price for it? 

Oct 21, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #2 of 9

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #5 of 9
I for one still love it.

It has a very nice tube like warmth that is very unusual in solid state and it also plays with a lot of PRAT and slam which I find very enjoyable - it's one of my favorite amps for the Sennheiser HD600/650. It does some things that very few other SS amps do and it comes without the hassle of tubes.

Head-fi is a lot about the flavor of the month and while the HA-160 might have been over-hyped before, and other newer products are over-hyped now, it's still a fantastic amp for the money IMO.

Oct 22, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #6 of 9
Croozer - Why would you say this is in the wrong section? Isn' this the "Full size HP amp" section? The Burson isn't a portable amp. Can you help me out? I'm still pretty new here.

You are in the correct section.

Oct 22, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
Anybody still think the Burson HA-160 is a great amp these days? I know the pace of new amps coming out and new, better audio technology releases rivals that of digital cameras, but I still think this is terrific amp and wonder if I can still get a good price for it? 

The people at Burson have been making improvements on their line, and i must admit its a good value amp with plenty of power. 

After a bit googling found this:
http://www.moon-audio.com/audio-equipment/desktop-audio/burson-ha-160-headphone-amp-662.html

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #9 of 9
timtoo -

I would probably be safe in guessing that the Burson HA-160 would be a good amp for just about any headphones, excepting Stax and other Electrostatics. PLENTY of power and my LCD-2v2 can handle all you can throw at them! I think they (the LCD-2s)  are rated for 2W or something, which is getting into full size loudspeaker territory. I usually keep the Burson set at about 25-30% for normal listening and my ears can't take it over 70% volume with Audeze's, although they could handle more than that without so much as "blinking their headphone eyes"!

I'm sure your D7000s would be similar.

Take a look in the classifieds, I have my whole system listed there, including the LCD-2r2s, Burson amp and much more.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632857/fs-stands-for-fire-sale-ultimate-audeze-complete-turnkey-system#post_8801037

Thanks for looking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back