Burning in with pink noise?
Sep 1, 2011 at 9:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JasonZ10

100+ Head-Fier
Hey Head Fi'ers.
I've had my HD 598's for a while now (I probably have 100 hours of use into them, gaming, music, and movies) and I was wondering if I should burn them in with pink noise. If so, for how long? How loud should it be? Is this site's pink noise good enough? Should I burn in my HD 25-1 ii's when they come?

Thanks,

EDIT: Also, will a FiiO E7/9 do much for the HD 25-1 ii's?

Sep 1, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #3 of 6
I usually use a burn in playlist consisting of pink, white noise, frequency 20-20 000. heavydrums, frequency mix and leave it on repeat to burn in my headphones or whatever new equipment I acquire. I tend to leave it on for 10 hours and have a hour of rest, maybe for a week or two depending on how much burn in they need. Usually its around 100-200 hours average will be good, after that just run your usual music and start listening.

Sep 1, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #4 of 6
I like to do a combination of pink noise and random music. I always crank them really loud (not too loud) and shove them into my desk drawer. I never had a Sennheiser that needed burn-in to sound good. 95% of my headphones never needed burn-in. Just a few strange pairs like my first KRK and DJ100.

If they sound great out of the box, why bother? I guess if you play them overnight while sleeping then it can't hurt. People shouldn't think they absolutely NEED to burn them in before listening to them. Sometimes it's required, but extremely rare.

I hate burn in, but I do believe in it. Only took me about forever to believe in it.

Sep 2, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #6 of 6
I burned in my hd 555s by playing all my music library all night on regular listening conditions.. I mean I just let them play like I was listening to them... My 555's started to change after a month and they are really great now. And i feel that normal music is better than pink noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back