Bugden Audio Customer Service?
Jun 15, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #61 of 86
You're not wrong but they have distributors for a reason. These aren't just retailers, they're exclusive distributors and Fischer isn't setup to sell or exchange directly. What they should do is get a new distributor, refer issues over to him and be liberal about making good on validated claims through him.

I'm not a retailer, and I'm not set up to sell or exchange directly, but if I had a box of unopened DBA-02's and a small fund for shipping costs I could make this right for everyone involved. They don't need to be "setup" to sell or exchange directly to solve the immediate problem for their customers who have issues right now. It might cost them to ship individually from Russia, but at this stage they really shouldn't think twice about eating that cost.

And while they're doing that (as in concurrently) they should get a new distributor.

Jun 15, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #62 of 86
I'm on your side. Of course they should make it right and they've obviously waited too long to correct the issue by not getting new representation. I honestly suspect that they forward this info to Ethan who claims to handle it while burning his bridge from both sides. That sort of thing really mucks up communication. I'd keep on Fischer about the circumstances and maybe they will come up with a claims solution but refunds aren't their department and they need a defective unit to exchange. It's really difficult to take Ethan out of the loop.

Jun 21, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #63 of 86
Did Bugden Audio give a reason for the complete lack of customer service in the replies to those that got them?
I still haven't gotten any reply myself, and sent a complaint to the BBB a while ago for what little that will do.

Jul 5, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #67 of 86
After a few e-mails back and forth with Ethan he has issued me a credit on my faulty DBA-02's.  While this took way longer then it should have I am happy with the outcome and I think Ethan has learned a thing or two out of this situation.

Thanks Ethan and best of luck to you.

Cheers,
Jim

Jul 13, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #69 of 86
Aha just got my replacement pair in the mail today. Bit of a surprise really, still haven't gotten a single reply from Bugden or FA.

It's the newer version of the packaging for the DBA-02s. It's very nice as well, I was planning on selling them, but I think I'll keep them now. Came with a nice round hard case, shimmery cool looking cover, and the same tips, along with some mounting pad thing to store them on. 

I guess I'm happy now, only 4 and half months later... 

Jul 14, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #70 of 86
I never received any contact at all from Bugden Audio about honoring the warranty. I have now disputed the charge with my card company as my only option left to deal with Bugden Audio's criminally incompetent service.

Jul 17, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #71 of 86

Quote:
Aha just got my replacement pair in the mail today. Bit of a surprise really, still haven't gotten a single reply from Bugden or FA.

It's the newer version of the packaging for the DBA-02s. It's very nice as well, I was planning on selling them, but I think I'll keep them now. Came with a nice round hard case, shimmery cool looking cover, and the same tips, along with some mounting pad thing to store them on. 

I guess I'm happy now, only 4 and half months later... 

same, the red case right? and what is the difference in the newer packaging? cables are black which looks a lot better haha

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #73 of 86
Any new developments on this guy? I narrowly avoided the DBA2 purchase, all thanks to this thread. they sure sounded like they might be good. Going to jump on the Philips version instead. Lack of stock is understandable but no communication whatsoever is deplorable. To have something just show up at your door, no heads-up etc ...weird. How can a company take this guy's track record seriously. It sort of reflects on their professionalism to allow this doesn't it? Are they not even checking on his service either? He's the face of them here.
 I can think of lots of people I know who would excel at having the opportunity to be the distributor, assuming Fischer is not the weak link. No more " you'll have to wait a bit cause i'm busy with life, check back on your paid order next year when I may have some more time then. "

Thanks again for this thread. I will put it into the Canadian Sellers thread.

People can decide for themselves what they are willing to put up with.

Aug 18, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #74 of 86
nick n,

My impression is that the problems don't stop with Budgen Audio.

Have you looked into the Brainwavz B2? It's a clone of the DBA-02, with only slight differences in sound reported, and seemingly it comes with customer support!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back