Bugden Audio Customer Service?
May 9, 2011 at 12:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 86

LJH01

Head-Fier
I did a little looking around and found that Bugden is run by a college student but I would have hoped to hear something from a couple of e-mails I sent them 6 days ago.  My DBA-02's are having an issue where the right channel is mutted and only play at very soft levels.  I love my DBA's but not so happy with the customer service I am getting at this point.  Can anyone give me any additional contacts at Bugden?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jim 

May 10, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #2 of 86
Just wanted to add a note to this thread.

It was bad enough that my sunrise audio earbuds were shipped to me after one month's delay. Then they promptly broke. With the left channel giving out after less than a month's of use. On March 8th I got an email from Ethan telling me to ship them back. So I sent them back. It has been two months, three emails later (sent April 18th and 27th - no reply). Cost me $12 to ship the 'phones back in addition to the initial outlay of $80.

This is incredibly unprofessional and Ethan has essentially stolen $80 from me. I'm putting this up so that others may think twice about purchasing anything from Bugden Audio. I have no concern for his personal life, "issues", workload, or whatever other excuses I've seen in other threads. Such things happen, yes, but you notify your clientele and respond to emails - otherwise do NOT take their money.

- edited for grammar

May 10, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #4 of 86
Be prepared for 'the dog ate my homework' and promises of improvements. Fool me once twice [size=x-small] lots, [size=x-small] shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again. [/size][/size]

That's one heck of a mixed metaphor! :p

May 11, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #5 of 86

Quote:
Just wanted to add a note to this thread.

It was bad enough that my sunrise audio earbuds were shipped to me after one month's delay. Then they promptly broke. With the left channel giving out after less than a month's of use. On March 8th I got an email from Ethan telling me to ship them back. So I sent them back. It has been two months, three emails later (sent April 18th and 27th - no reply). Cost me $12 to ship the 'phones back in addition to the initial outlay of $80.

This is incredibly unprofessional and Ethan has essentially stolen $80 from me. I'm putting this up so that others may think twice about purchasing anything from Bugden Audio. I have no concern for his personal life, "issues", workload, or whatever other excuses I've seen in other threads. Such things happen, yes, but you notify your clientele and respond to emails - otherwise do NOT take their money.

- edited for grammar

Almost the same story here..

I ordered the SW-Xcape from Ethan (Mar. 4th), but he shipped a package that did not contain the IEM but a box that was filled with several packages of the tips. I sent them back for a replacement where Ethan stated he will reimburse the shipping costs. He sent me the correct package (Mar. 30th) two weeks after sending a couple of e-mails, however he has yet to reimburse me for the shipping and has not been responding to my e-mails since.

My SW-Xcape's left channel cut off a few days ago, and now I am reluctant on asking for a replacement because I don't want to go through this process again. I am not happy with my experience with Bugden audio and will definitely not purchase from them again.

May 11, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #6 of 86
That is a shame you did not have a good experience with Ethan,. I heard a lot of good things about Budgen Adio though...
Well, I order with Musica Acoustics.
Dimitri is a guy in charge of this Japanese shop. Very prompt service and splendid product line, not sure he offers low end IEMs like SW-Xcape...
But he does have Fisher Audio gear in stock..

May 11, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #8 of 86
Having the same experience right now, my SW-Xcape ordered from Bugden Audio two months ago has had the right channel stop producing sound, and now I haven't gotten any reply from the e-mails I sent four days ago and today. I had recommended Bugden Audio because of their fast shipment of the excellent SW-Xcape, but after getting no customer service and seeing this thread I'm very hesitant to recommend it ever again unless the issues are resolved.

May 11, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #9 of 86
I might as well post in this thread too. Exact same problem as the OP. Emailed asking about it, Ethan replied within a few days saying to ship them to the address on top of the order invoice, so that's what I did. They made it there in 3 days, back at the beginning of March... After two and half weeks I emailed asking what was taking so long, and Ethan eventually replied (almost a week later) saying sorry for the delay and they're in the mail. It's now May 11 and I haven't received them, nor have I received any sort of reply from Ethan, PM or e-mail or new "contact us" forms.

Almost adding insult to injury, I pre-ordered that pair last September but didn't end up actually receiving them until the middle of December. And not until I wrote out a post on these boards and PM'd Ethan asking why it was taking so long. Now it seems no one's getting any responses from Bugden at all. 

May 12, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #10 of 86
I've had the same experience ordering a pair of DBA- 02 from Bugden Audio. Thank God I trust my gut instinct and cancelled my order. That's one of the risks with on-line purchases I guess, because any yahoo can have an on-line store. I really feel bad for all you guys who got burned.
frown.gif

May 12, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #11 of 86
Oh bollocks. The left channel of my Sunrise SW-Xcapes died today after buying them from Bugden in March and after reading through this thread, I'm not particularly optimistic about anything getting done about it. 

Slightly off-topic: As I am in New Zealand, it is difficult for me to find any sort of headphones without going online, would you guys be able to recommend some online stores with whom you've had a positive experience?

Cheers

May 17, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #13 of 86
RnB,
Thanks for the info, 4-5 e-mails in 13 days and not a word from him.  At this point I am not holding my breath but I will shoot him a PM.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back