Budgeting for the K701...
Apr 20, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #16 of 23
I'm sure that there will be more deals available around every corner. That seems to be a constant in this business. Every once in a while, once in a lifetime deals pop up, but you're average good deal is always right around the corner.
wink.gif

I remember when Musician's friend had K501s for $69 bux! I bought one pair at that price. Those kinds of deals don't happen every day.

Apr 20, 2006 at 8:57 PM Post #17 of 23
fewtch, contact Ketih at American Techpushers. I got mine from him for $299 shipped. The transaction went perfectly, he even held the cans for me several days.

You are going to love the AKGs. They seem to be very open in terms of headstage to me with well encoded files. I can only dream of how my CDs will sound right now.

Apr 20, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #18 of 23
You guys suck. I guess I need to get the 701's and get it over with. I know they won't touch my K1000's but will replace my beloved Senn 600s/Cardas. Anyone think I should stick with my Senns?

I guess I'll start a thread on this.

Apr 20, 2006 at 10:11 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321
You guys suck. I guess I need to get the 701's and get it over with. I know they won't touch my K1000's but will replace my beloved Senn 600s/Cardas. Anyone think I should stick with my Senns?

I guess I'll start a thread on this.

Keep em all for a change of pace. I am getting some HD600s soon. I do not have a favorite can I guess. They all excel in one area or another.

Apr 20, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #21 of 23
Fewtch,

I am SO HAPPY to hear that you are getting 701's. Not as good as the 650s but much better than the 880's.

Call Todd for a good price and money back guarantee.

Then when you get them home, you must burn them in for a minimum of two years of 24/7 max volume Dolly Parton CDs.

Yeeee Haaaannnngggg!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jaygee
580smile.gif

Apr 20, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
Keep em all for a change of pace. I am getting some HD600s soon. I do not have a favorite can I guess. They all excel in one area or another.

I agree with the ninja dude. Just too many flavors to be tied down to just one can. Different moods...different music...different cans. If you've got the bucks to hold multiple cans, I see nothing wrong with it.

Apr 20, 2006 at 11:01 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
I agree with the ninja dude. Just too many flavors to be tied down to just one can. Different moods...different music...different cans. If you've got the bucks to hold multiple cans, I see nothing wrong with it.

:lol:

I need to start my own team: Team Starvation as that is what I will be experiencing for the next 3 weeks. I hope this really does end oneday.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back