budget headphones with decent bass and excellent soundstage??
Feb 24, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #16 of 22
I think you will be happy with the hd595's. I became more aware of the soundstage only when moving to the Beyerdynamic dt880's at which point I preferred the more speaker like spaciousness of the dt880. Otherwise the hd595's are a great set of cans.

Feb 24, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #18 of 22

Quote:
hmm..ok then, sorry if i'm being too picky, i just want to make sure that i don't buy the wrong item.. Ok then i think i'll most likely buy the K240, probably next week after i got my money.. thank you for all your help everyone, i'll come back and let you know once i get it.. :)

btw,i'm still open for any other opinions or reccomendations if you have some for me..

No, I don't think you are.  In fact, it took me a good while before I settled on which headphones to purchase, as there are just so many choices!

Feb 24, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #19 of 22

Quote:
No, I don't think you are.  In fact, it took me a good while before I settled on which headphones to purchase, as there are just so many choices!

haha..yeah, there's just so many options to choose.. hey..how about the beyerdynamic dt440?? it's more expensive than either K240 or 555 but still within my budget, is it more superior than both?? (especially in gaming and rock and classical music)

Feb 24, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #20 of 22
From what I can gather, the DT440 are very neutral.  Other than that there's not much more info I can offer you on those.  They do look very interesting though...

Feb 25, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #21 of 22
i just found this link http://www.overclock.net/hardware/showproduct.php?product=884
is it true that AKG K240 needs amp in order to sound good?? because if so, i might prefer hd555 over it, since i don't think i will buy an amp right now.. in the future, yes, very likely perhaps, but not anytime soon, since i don't have the money anyway.. so my question is, is that true?? if i don't buy an amp, will it sound much worse than what it's supposed to??

Feb 25, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #22 of 22

Quote:
i just found this link http://www.overclock.net/hardware/showproduct.php?product=884
is it true that AKG K240 needs amp in order to sound good?? because if so, i might prefer hd555 over it, since i don't think i will buy an amp right now.. in the future, yes, very likely perhaps, but not anytime soon, since i don't have the money anyway.. so my question is, is that true?? if i don't buy an amp, will it sound much worse than what it's supposed to??

No, an amp is not a MUST with the K240s as they will still sound excellent without it.  It's just, you may have difficulty getting to a good volume with these from a portable source without an amp.  Other that they should be fine, but if you're concerned about drivability then the HD555 might be your best bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back