Budget full-size headphones?
Mar 23, 2011 at 9:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

cad2blender

New Head-Fier
Hey guys I currently have a pair of HD 201 headphones and I love them, but I hav been noticing some crackling noises from my left can, so I'm due for a replacement, these things are about 5 years old. Anyway I have a budget of $40 maaaybe $50. It's still tough to drop $40-$50 on a pair of well...headphones. I was looking at the Audio Technica ATH-M30 or the Panasonic RP-HTX7 or the Superlux HD-681, I do miss some bass in my HD 201, they are kinda lacking in that department. I'd like some more bass, but no mushiness, yet clear like my HD-201 pair. Any suggestions? I'm only focusing on circumaural full-size headphones. Thanks in advance guys!

Mar 25, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks guys for your replies! One last question, I' either gonna go with the JVC or the M30s so I was looking at the specs and the JVC's frequency response is from 8-25,000Hz and the M30's are from 20-22,000 Hz I believe. Does it really matter much? I know specs aren't everything but should I take the JVCs simply because it has a broader range? Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back