Broken IE8 Internals - Photos
Feb 19, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by alvinus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dang, and i was considering getting comply to replace my current tips
frown.gif

any other tip to suggest then? as the existing tips don't offer the fit that i really want

The T500 is the T400 with a bit wider nozzle, which is what you IE8 owners are supposed to be using
ph34r.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by alvinus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dang, and i was considering getting comply to replace my current tips
frown.gif

any other tip to suggest then? as the existing tips don't offer the fit that i really want

Try the somewhat longer double flange tips that come with other phones, or to be had on Amazon or eBay

Feb 20, 2010 at 2:33 AM Post #24 of 31
Hmm. the IE8's don't look like much for $400.
Kinda reminds me of the time were I took a $3000 Bose system apart, only to find cheap $5 speakers and lots of cheap plastic.

Not that the IE8's are that bad, just reminds me of it.

Feb 20, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben4345 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm. the IE8's don't look like much for $400.
Kinda reminds me of the time were I took a $3000 Bose system apart, only to find cheap $5 speakers and lots of cheap plastic.

Not that the IE8's are that bad, just reminds me of it.

They've got pretty much the best cable I've found on an IEM yet, and I've been sleeping with the IE8 in my ears for months now without any problems, or even the slightest signs of any deterioration. My SE530 and others died an early death from that treatment. I don't see how the IE8 'deserve' to be compared to Bose stuff. Then again, I didn't try any tips that require a lot of force to be taken off the nozzle.

Feb 20, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They've got pretty much the best cable I've found on an IEM yet, and I've been sleeping with the IE8 in my ears for months now without any problems, or even the slightest signs of any deterioration. My SE530 and others died an early death from that treatment. I don't see how the IE8 'deserve' to be compared to Bose stuff. Then again, I didn't try any tips that require a lot of force to be taken off the nozzle.

Wasn't comparing, just reminded me of that.
Bose is more comparable to skullcandys of beat's in my opinion.

Feb 26, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #28 of 31
Hi!

the driver looks exactly like when I was disassembling my CX-300 (broken cable) or one of the photos of CX-300 driver, for example, google fake sennheiser cx-300, there are both genuine and fake cx300 images, the real one looking exactly like this IE8 driver to me, strange...

...considering that Sennheiser said it's not foster driver, but their own hi-end product, as I read here on Headfi

Moonwalker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back