Broke College student wants to escape the clutches of stock ear buds armed with $30
Jan 6, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #16 of 24
Look at joker's review thread on portable headphones here
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-63-portable-headphones-reviewed-db-logic-hp-100-arctic-sound-p281-added-12-24#post_5828504
it has the porta pro and since its the same guy reviewing the ratings still stand.

Quote:
wow. Joker's review thread is pretty epic! I think i will buy the me6 over the Xears Bullet because of the build quality. How is the quality of the portapros compared to the me6?

Jan 6, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #17 of 24
Remember he specifically said $30-35 USD - you have to respect that; don't just throw all these names of IEMs that are out of his budget.

I stand by the Koss KSC75 which cost like $10 USD or something in the USA.

Jan 6, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #18 of 24
IMHO IEM's just don't stand up too well to everyday portable use, whether cheap or expensive. I've sunk about five hundred bucks now into learning this. I can't afford buying new hi-dolla stuff all the time, and I get pissed too easily with warranty claim hassles. So I've decided to try some reasonably tough earphones that purportedly 1) sound decent, 2) isolate decently, 3) are VERY comfortable, 4) are built tough, and 5) are quite cheap .... I just ordered a set of JVC HA-FX67 "Air Cushions." About $25 shipped (couldn't find locally).

When they break, they break.

Now I'm saving up for some fullsize cans for at home.

Jan 7, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #19 of 24
Would the Koss KSC 75 allow me to concentrate on my work if there is tv in the background? I don't think so on the basis of joker's review. Does anyone here have m6's for sale?

Jan 7, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #20 of 24

Quote:
Would the Koss KSC 75 allow me to concentrate on my work if there is tv in the background? I don't think so on the basis of joker's review. Does anyone here have m6's for sale?

M6, M9, I think you could find one of those for under $10.00

Jan 7, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #22 of 24

Quote:
Xears Bullet XB120Pro - probably as good SQ as you'll find in the price range but not exactly high-grade in any other respect. Besides that H2O Audio Flex, Meelec M6, and ViSang R01 are all quite good in terms of value for money,

Can the Xears be purchased in the US?  I've googled and I can't find a vendor.

Jan 7, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #23 of 24
Well you can always just use ebay.de. If you're a frequent ebay user figuring out what to press shouldn't be a problem. Or you can use their site - I think they've improved the checkout process since I last used it. I think you can also email Thomas directly at <spacedesign@gmx.de> and ask for an invoice.

Jan 7, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #24 of 24
ordered the me6 clear from amazon. Finally took the plunge! Lets see if my hanging around these forums makes my wallet thinner in the future. Thanks a lot to Joker, whose review post made me get the me6. The KSC 75 will be a 2nd pair if I need one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back