Brisbane, Australia meet [July]
Apr 24, 2010 at 6:05 AM Post #121 of 408
Quote:

Originally Posted by tisb0b /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had no idea coemaudio was located in Brisbane if thats the case I might just send him an email to see if he would be interested in coming along =)

you would not believe how long I have been trying to remember that name... thanks for the mental jumpstart!

Apr 24, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #122 of 408
Quote:

Originally Posted by tisb0b /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had no idea coemaudio was located in Brisbane if thats the case I might just send him an email to see if he would be interested in coming along =)

He's in Brisbane alright - not sure if he's close to you though. I sent him an email to see if has demo units, etc.

Apr 24, 2010 at 6:12 AM Post #123 of 408
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjinh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He's in Brisbane alright - not sure if he's close to you though. I sent him an email to see if has demo units, etc.

He's about 2 hours drive away for me but it seems that he's located close enough to the proposed meet location.

Apr 24, 2010 at 7:10 AM Post #125 of 408
Sorry for the double post, but ...

John from COEM Audio has just got back to me, and asked me to post that with help from the manufacturers he will be attending the meet and bringing lots of gear for everyone to try!
biggrin.gif

I wont be there, but I hope that helps you guys out!

Apr 24, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #128 of 408
tell him tyo bring along a QA350 or 550, ive already been in contact with him about maybe getting one of those SDS transports to install in my portable buffalo to make it a sabre based DAP with remote control
wink.gif
coolness, but only supports 48khz ;( still cool tho.

will be very interested to put my best DIY up against the best commercial gear

Apr 24, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #129 of 408
MomijiTMO add the following to the potential gear list because this is what John from Coemaudio would be willing to bring along =D

Quote:

Originally Posted by John - Coemaudio
Oh one more thing!

I may be able bring along a HQ-1, sponsored by KingRex, and if someone from the meet could do a write up on it, it would be greatly appreciated!

I'll just list what I could be able to bring:
KingRex UD-01
Pro.DAC MKII
MHDT Paradisea
MHDT Havana
Lite DAC-83
Citypulse DA-7.2x II
Virtue Audio M1
QLS QA-550
I could also bring a speaker system, something like a pair of JohnBlue JB3 and KingRex T20U.

Cheers
John

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #131 of 408
Most likely be coming. I'd probably won't be bringing everything. Contact me if there's anything of particular interest you want to try.

My gear:

Headphones
Sennheiser HD-650
Sennheiser HD-600
Sennheiser HD-580
Sennheiser HD-595
Beyerdynamics DT-880
AKG K-701
Audio Technica AD900
Audio Technica ES7

Amps
ME Pre (my favourite by far)
MF X-Can v3
Zhaolu D2
Meier Audio Corda Move (1st version)
Pimeta (if I can get it fixed)

Sources
Logitech Squeezebox Classic
CA DAC Magic
iPhone 3GS

Interconnects
Nordost Blue Heaven
Nordost Red Dawn
Tara Labs Prism

Apr 25, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #133 of 408
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Updated. Some interesting stuff there
smily_headphones1.gif

Also 1:40am?

I work nights... Anywho I just pulled the plug on some Audio-Technica W1000X headphones because they wooed me with their sexiness and relatively 'cheap' price from pricejapan
atsmile.gif

Apr 25, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #135 of 408
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Jester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? Damn, I was looking forward to practising my ice sculpting skillz.
wink.gif

I have been in a few conference rooms. Some are better than others. I was asking as this one is on the corner of a very busy intersection and the other one I was looking at was in the centre of a very large building.

Just askin' the question, that's all.

hehe, I guess I didnt trip your sarcasm meter, sorry I just try not to overuse emoticons.

interesting list from coem, forget the speaker rig tho, we'll have enough jibber jabber as it is. I think worrying about the noise outside is a bit of a moot point if youve ever been to a reasonable size meet. ends up being more about hooking up with people who share the same interests than critical listening, because no matter the venue its pretty hard to keep people quiet
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back