Brisbane, Australia meet [July]
Apr 21, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #106 of 408
So any updates on a venue as I'm becoming increasingly sceptical as to the audible differences a dac makes and I kinda want to confirm this.

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:59 AM Post #108 of 408
Jessica at the summit rooms is getting back to me tomorrow with some options and pricing

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:17 AM Post #109 of 408
@qusp:
not too cause too much of a fuss, but I was wondering how loud/isolated these rooms are? If these are the rooms at the Iceworks then it could be a pretty noisy place. I guess what I am asking is do these rooms have aircon and closable windows?

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #110 of 408
you do know that iceworks is just a name dont you? yes there is aircon (the second question is kinda redundant) and its a conference room center, purpose built for ...erm conferences. the actual conference center is called summit they wouldnt make much money if it was roudy

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #111 of 408
Quote:

Originally Posted by tisb0b /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So any updates on a venue as I'm becoming increasingly sceptical as to the audible differences a dac makes and I kinda want to confirm this.

hahahahah, more than an amp thats for sure IMO

Apr 22, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #112 of 408
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif

absolutely X2!
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2010 at 7:19 AM Post #113 of 408
Quote:

Are you going to buy duckman's T1 so then we can listen to a T1 at the meet and find ourselves substantially poorer afterwards?
darthsmile.gif

Apr 23, 2010 at 11:48 PM Post #115 of 408
Quote:

Thomas, fwiw, in my opinion it makes a difference, especially NOS vs SS.

The compass is utter crap as a DAC (it is harsh and metallic), so ignoring that, with my other 2 (Paradisea+, Havana), they may be similar, but the latter is very clearly better (with the same tube, amp, headphones).

I'm sure you'll notice that when you get your stageDAC.

Apr 24, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #116 of 408
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjinh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thomas, fwiw, in my opinion it makes a difference, especially NOS vs SS.

The compass is utter crap as a DAC (it is harsh and metallic), so ignoring that, with my other 2 (Paradisea+, Havana), they may be similar, but the latter is very clearly better (with the same tube, amp, headphones).

I'm sure you'll notice that when you get your stageDAC.

At this point in time I honestly cannot justify it when I think buying more music would bring me greater satisfaction than a new dac/amp. I think I will wait until the meet and then decide after trying a few different dacs =)

Apr 24, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #117 of 408
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm so over buying stuff... for a while... I hope I stay this way...

LIES.

This state of mind usually lasts 2 weeks max =D

Apr 24, 2010 at 5:54 AM Post #118 of 408
Quote:

At this point in time I honestly cannot justify it when I think buying more music would bring me greater satisfaction than a new dac/amp. I think I will wait until the meet and then decide after trying a few different dacs =)

There's a guy in brissy that stocks MHDT Labs, Musiland, Zhaolu, and maybe some other DACs you've heard of; price range from $100 to a couple of thousand.

Not sure if he has a storefront though. I got my Havana off him and he's an extremely nice guy - if you want some details pm me.

Apr 24, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #119 of 408
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjinh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a guy in brissy that stocks MHDT Labs, Musiland, Zhaolu, and maybe some other DACs you've heard of; price range from $100 to a couple of thousand.

Not sure if he has a storefront though. I got my Havana off him and he's an extremely nice guy - if you want some details pm me.

I had no idea coemaudio was located in Brisbane if thats the case I might just send him an email to see if he would be interested in coming along =)

Apr 24, 2010 at 6:02 AM Post #120 of 408
Quote:

you do know that iceworks is just a name dont you? they wouldnt make much money if it was roudy

Really? Damn, I was looking forward to practising my ice sculpting skillz.
wink.gif

I have been in a few conference rooms. Some are better than others. I was asking as this one is on the corner of a very busy intersection and the other one I was looking at was in the centre of a very large building.

Just askin' the question, that's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back