Brisbane, Australia meet [July]
Apr 29, 2010 at 12:36 PM Post #151 of 408
Quote:

Originally Posted by tisb0b /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Audio Technica W1000X headphones arrived today which gives us an almost complete collection of audio technica headphones =)

OHHH giggady!
I have been wanting to hear those babies for quite some time. Let's hope that you don't listen to them and in a fit of dissatisfied rage send them back!

Keep us posted,
wink.gif

Apr 29, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #152 of 408
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Jester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OHHH giggady!
I have been wanting to hear those babies for quite some time. Let's hope that you don't listen to them and in a fit of dissatisfied rage send them back!

Keep us posted,
wink.gif

Here my initial impressions from listening to them for about 7 hours straight so I'm beginning to understand the differences between this headphone and my other headphones.

The build quality is excellent and I just can't stop listening to them they sound great out of the box. They seem to be handling my metal collection beautifully and the bass is nice and hard hitting after a quick A/B with my Kees modded Pro900's I noticed that with these I can definitely feel the bass more whereas I can't with my Pro900's. I honestly thought my pro900's had the right amount of bass but now I'm not so sure but I'm not about to experiment by removing some of damping because one of the screws is nearly stripped ;D. Before I got these I had no idea what a warm sound was but now I do and I love it.

I didn't like the fit of my AD900's when I owned them because of my ear touching the driver. Audio technica have fixed the fit issues with the W1000X.

The detail retrieval is excellent its just slightly less than the Pro900's.

For the time being they are definitely my new favourite headphone.

Apr 30, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #153 of 408
WOW, are they THAT much different to W1000 and W5000? I found these headphones to be technical, but boring as hell. agreed on the build quality, tis excellent. BTW I finally got a reply from the venue, will see what I can pull out of it and post back tonight. I need to clarify a couple of things with them first.

Apr 30, 2010 at 6:35 AM Post #154 of 408
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW, are they THAT much different to W1000 and W5000? I found these headphones to be technical, but boring as hell.

I haven't heard either but I will be interested to compare my W1000X to jrisles W5000 and W1000.

Apr 30, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #156 of 408
Quote:

Originally Posted by angle_sh00ter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well mate you got the RS1i and the Pro900, would you say that the W1000X is "boring as hell" in comparison? Skylab says that the W1000X is the pick of the AT lineup.

Nope

Apr 30, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #157 of 408
well i'm interested to hear it, at which point you can tell me my DIY DAC sounds...'boring as hell'
biggrin.gif
sorry I really should have tempered my reply considering its a new toy and for that I apologize, I should say that i'm predisposed to dislike AT cans, I find them too polite sounding. Once when recabling a set of AD700 that were not functioning when I received them (busted cable) I actually had to email a friend of mine (not the owner) and ask him if they were supposed to sound like that because I thought I had screwed it up because the bass and lower mids just werent there ie. had no bite. The owner was perfectly happy with the 'improvement'. so yeah mate, take my opinion with a grain or more of salt, you love them and thats all that matters. I had a bad day yesterday and I guess if found its way through into my post.

May 1, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #159 of 408
Quote:

well i'm interested to hear it, at which point you can tell me my DIY DAC sounds...'boring as hell'
biggrin.gif
sorry I really should have tempered my reply considering its a new toy and for that I apologize, I should say that i'm predisposed to dislike AT cans, I find them too polite sounding. Once when recabling a set of AD700 that were not functioning when I received them (busted cable) I actually had to email a friend of mine (not the owner) and ask him if they were supposed to sound like that because I thought I had screwed it up because the bass and lower mids just werent there ie. had no bite. The owner was perfectly happy with the 'improvement'. so yeah mate, take my opinion with a grain or more of salt, you love them and thats all that matters. I had a bad day yesterday and I guess if found its way through into my post.

I could care less and I wasn't a big fan of the AD900's either ;D

May 1, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #160 of 408
hehe, cool well thats one thing you now know about qusp, hes an opinionated prick
wink.gif
I dont pull any punches around here, too many people do and IMO it dilutes the effectiveness of this forum

May 1, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #161 of 408
Quote:

hehe, cool well thats one thing you now know about qusp, hes an opinionated prick
wink.gif
I dont pull any punches around here, too many people do and IMO it dilutes the effectiveness of this forum

Since when is cutting the bullshiit a bad thing?

May 2, 2010 at 8:31 AM Post #162 of 408
glad we're on the same page, cant say the same for many others on this forum. I often cop it for telling my version of how it is. lets just say I would never make it in politics

May 2, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #164 of 408
how much? I might be interested. would sure be keen to try them and if I likem i'd grab them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back