Brief review on FitEar To Go 334
Jul 7, 2012 at 7:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Zhiqiopera

New Head-Fier
I just came back from a portable equipment exhibition in Nakano, Tokyo,  and it was great to have met Head-fiers there.

I went there only to try the new FitEar To Go 111, the 2nd universal of FitEar. It was great, worth the price level, but not exactly the elegance I wanted for. I was also planning to buy a custom MH334 or MH335DW in October, when I can possibly get a discount. However, thinking of the possibility of selling the monitors finally,I made the decision of  purchase at once, although it was not cheap.

Here is my brief review after listening for about an hour.

Equipment:
iPod Classic 160GB
Fostex HP-P1 DAC
iBasso PB2
ALO Reference 16 interconnect
Jena Labs Ultra Wire 22AWG USB interconnect

Mahler Symphony No. 6, Thomas Sanderling

Deep and punching drums, firm cello, and beautiful violins. Almost every detail is meant to be heard. Fantastic positioning, instruments are exactly where they should be. Imaging of different instrument are very good, quite clear, and even the material of instruments are identical. The headroom is good, but just not wide enough for symphonic recordings. Very importantly, To Go 334 creates a fantastic 3D dimensional space, just like you're being placed in front of the stage. 

Fischer-Dieskau: Opera Aria

Very firm baritone Bel Canto voice, all lyrics are quite clear to be heard. 334 is a little lack of treble, but the treble to playback baritone voice is just proper. Since BA type, vocal stands out from accompany. Here is a very critical point, To Go 334 expresses human voice full of emotions, which is hard to be heard from other BA IEMs. 

Final Thought:
If you compare To Go 334 with all other universal IEMs, it just makes no sense, since To Go 334 is going far beyond universal IEMs. In compare with my JH11pro and EM mg6pro, I only can say 334 is better than those two from every aspects, with no second thought. I have also tried JH16pro, UE18, and ES5 (all universal trials), and I think I would still go for To Go 334. 

PS: This is my first time writing thread on Head-fi, and there are certainly some grammatical problems. Sorry, and thanks for taking your time reading! 

Jul 7, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #2 of 15
I've had it for about over a week and it's easily the most revealing earphones I have. The dimensional sound really draws you to your musical and I can easily tell from the instrument separation.
I very much want to do a MH335DW towards the end of this year, but I don't know of a middle man or proxy as I live in Singapore.

Right on about not being fair to compare against another universal. It pits well against my ES5s and I enjoy it more due to it's more forward and analytical nature.

Was taking a closer look at the body of the 334 earlier today and I'm really amazed at how they can squeeze so much into it. If you look closely you can tell the driver and cross overs are literally at the edge.

Jul 7, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #3 of 15
Actually what I noticed was the special design of the tube. For all universal models, however many units they have, there are only one tube, but on 334 there are three. I suppose this makes a very big difference. 

Jul 7, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #4 of 15
I'd like to order and try the 111 when it's out. I believe ours are using the 001 cable that comes default with the 334. However since you're in Japan can you compare 000 version to the 001 when you have the chance? The price of that cable is already about the price of the 111. I wonder what's it made of or why it commands such a high price. Not much accessories that comes with them though.

Jul 8, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #5 of 15
Quote:
I'd like to order and try the 111 when it's out. I believe ours are using the 001 cable that comes default with the 334. However since you're in Japan can you compare 000 version to the 001 when you have the chance? The price of that cable is already about the price of the 111. I wonder what's it made of or why it commands such a high price. Not much accessories that comes with them though.

TG111 is definitely worth ordering, even it only has one BA but exceed the price of all multi-drive universal BAs. I am gonna get one in October, probably. 

Actually I have listened to that premium 000 cable for several minutes, and it was exactly very impressive. Better imaging, better positioning, and the improve is quite obvious. And I may say, it's worth the original price, and it is even cheaper during exhibition. 

Jul 8, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #6 of 15
Nice to see you online Zhiqiopera. Shhh..."What discount??" :p??

Anyway, palestofwhite, note that the TG!111 seems to use an even different cable from the stock TG!334 too. However, I'm not well versed with the FitEar labeling so I don't know if it's the 001's or not. I'd like to say the TG!111 is of a thinner gauge than the TG!334 however thats only holding the cable as a whole from the outside...maybe the TG!334 weaving makes it feel thicker.

The TG!111 cable reminds me more of a std Sony earphone cable but I need to take a look at it again to confirm.

Jul 8, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:
Nice to see you online Zhiqiopera. Shhh..."What discount??" :p??
Anyway, palestofwhite, note that the TG!111 seems to use an even different cable from the stock TG!334 too. However, I'm not well versed with the FitEar labeling so I don't know if it's the 001's or not. I'd like to say the TG!111 is of a thinner gauge than the TG!334 however thats only holding the cable as a whole from the outside...maybe the TG!334 weaving makes it feel thicker.
The TG!111 cable reminds me more of a std Sony earphone cable but I need to take a look at it again to confirm.

As far as the info. I've collected from FitEar's official website, TG111 uses the cable that is sold for 5250JPY, and I suppose Private series CIEMs use the same ones. 

001 is used on TG334 MH334 and MH335DW, sold for 10500JPY separately. That is to say, MH334 and TG334 uses exactly the very same setup (except the design and tube), including all accessories. That is also why I chose the grab TG334 yesterday instead of waiting for a discount of 335DW in October... 

Jul 8, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:
Decisions, decisions... Should I buy the 000 cables or the 111 TG! When they are out? Or should I do both when available? My bank hates me
smily_headphones1.gif

If you have a TG334 or MH334, a cable will absolutely give astonishing improvement! 

As for TG111, if you are really into treble, you will not regret of your purchase. 

Jul 8, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #11 of 15
Little did anyone know... My first fav pair of IEM were the ER6is and later the ER4P/S. But that was many years ago before my headfi days... :)

I'm really tempted to get both. Or maybe just the 111s and the ALO cable since it'll be cheaper... :)

Jul 21, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:
How much is the 111?

Can you give a more technical comparison to the JH11?  I like that one more than JH16.

I think the 111 is selling in Japan for a little over 40,000 JPY. Right now the only international distributor I know of for FitEar is ALO Audio and I don't know that they carry the 111 yet.

More info on the 111 in the dedicated thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/619034/fitear-to-go-111-appreciation-discussion-and-reviews-thread

Jul 21, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #15 of 15
Big Knob Audio in Jakarta is the exclusive distributor of FitEar in Indonesia. PM mokobigbro if anyone there is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back