Brief Odac impressions
Jul 27, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #498 of 2,018
Quote:
Has anybody had trouble running the ODAC from Win 7 64bit? I did not install with in built drivers and the I have not yet come across any drivers to download for this...

I run it with Win 7 64bit. No issues.

Jul 27, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #502 of 2,018
The digital signal cannot be contaminated by the power supply. The only two reasons I can think of in the case of a USB powered DAC is that the 5v USB supply should be clean as it is powering the DAC. Secondly any sort of noise can be transmitted via the cable to the analog outputs of the ODAC. Although there is on board filtering a good USB cable with an inbuilt ferrite core may be a good yet cheap solution.

There are some high end connectors which prevent the USB ground to be separate from the DAC ground however I won't recommend any of those as this is a budget rig.

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #503 of 2,018
Has anyone heard the Odac with HD800? I'm about the receive the odac in the next couple of days..
I'm gonna hook it up to an SPL Auditor, I hope it's gonna work good. I don't have to cash for a 1000$ dac right now.

Jul 27, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #504 of 2,018
Quote:
The digital signal cannot be contaminated by the power supply. The only two reasons I can think of in the case of a USB powered DAC is that the 5v USB supply should be clean as it is powering the DAC. Secondly any sort of noise can be transmitted via the cable to the analog outputs of the ODAC. Although there is on board filtering a good USB cable with an inbuilt ferrite core may be a good yet cheap solution.
There are some high end connectors which prevent the USB ground to be separate from the DAC ground however I won't recommend any of those as this is a budget rig.

almost went what?! and then went oh yeah, your right. Iffy phrasing though. 

Jul 28, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #505 of 2,018
Can anyone compare with the iBasso D7?

Jul 28, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #506 of 2,018
I am also using the ODAC with Windows 7 64bit versions without any problems. It takes a few seconds for the drivers to get uploaded. Try to be patient for a while while they are loading. Sorry for the iffy phrasing. Was typing in a hurry so used longer sentences without the proper grammar.

Jul 28, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #507 of 2,018
Man that new mini odac case is sexy.

I love my odac that's integrated into my JDS O2 case.  Super clean sound and a great travel companion.

Jul 29, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #509 of 2,018
Quote:
 I got it from JDS Labs. The popping happens about 1 in 10 times when changing tracks.

It's worth noting here that the supplier should be irrelevant. All ODAC circuit boards are assembled by NwAvGuy's assembly contractor, and distributed to retailers (such as us). This sounds like an O/S or software issue. You might want to pass along detailed info to us, as well as NwAvGuy for troubleshooting help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back