Brief Odac impressions
Sep 20, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #1,022 of 2,018
Quote:
I've been enjoying the ODAC a ton. It's my first external dac. But are there any comparable DACs that have the same amount of resolution but are maybe a little less bright? Perhaps its that I'm pairing it with the O2/HD600, but there are times it can all get a little too much for me and I'm not really treble sensitive. I've had the O2 and HD600 with my Ipod classic and not noticed this as much... If that hadn't been the case, I'd consider I need a warmer amp, but I've been happy with the O2 in the past.

dude, why not use an EQ instead of using your dac or amp as an EQ?

what media player do you use?

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #1,023 of 2,018
Okay, I need some help here with my odac. I've had mine for about two months or so and it's performed absolutely flawlessly. I've had it plugged into a usb header direct to the mobo. 

Today I needed that header to test with another pc. After I finished I put it back and plugged the odac back in. Fired up the music but now there is a crackle in the upper mid range. Switched over the e17 and there is no crackle. I switched the odac usb cable to another port straight off the mobo and the crackle is back.

HELP!!

Sep 21, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #1,028 of 2,018
Was thinking of hooking up a ODAC to the Audioengine A2 speakers. Does anyone have any experience with these kind of setups?

Sep 21, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #1,030 of 2,018

Well, I put sennheiser hd 800 directly on the ephifany edac.
I see the paradise.
Yes, in my s3 with neutron player I had to down the volune of 7-8 db, this, in teory, not very good, but I am very surprised about the super fantastic quality of sound out of my S3 with syhas kernel.
I am not crazy, please try this with high impedence headphone and share your experience.
Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

Sep 21, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #1,032 of 2,018
The problem seems to be resolved. I uninstalled everything related to odac on the pc, rebooted, plugged the odac back in and it work fine.

thanks...

Sep 21, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #1,035 of 2,018
Well, I put sennheiser hd 800 directly on the ephifany edac.
I see the paradise.
Yes, in my s3 with neutron player I had to down the volune of 7-8 db, this, in teory, not very good, but I am very surprised about the super fantastic quality of sound out of my S3 with syhas kernel.
I am not crazy, please try this with high impedence headphone and share your experience.
Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

Seriously? And no amplifier in between?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back