Breaking in P5's
Apr 1, 2011 at 12:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JJ89

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I've just received my new Bowers& Wilkins P5's and I was wondering how/if I should break them in ? I'm a real noob when it comes to this stuff, but I remember someone talking about a program which does it for you ? If so, are there any recommendations on which program I should use ?

Thanks,

JJ

Apr 2, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #3 of 6
Program? Or, are you thinking of "pink noise"?

How do I burn in my new pair of headphones?

You can simply play music through them continuously. Some prefer using pure tones, sine wave sweeps, pink noise, or AM/FM static for burn in. Some recommend using bass heavy music. The method of burning in a headphone does not change depending on model or manufacturer.

From the FAQ: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/56744/headphone-burn-in-faq

Apr 2, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #4 of 6
 My P5's opened up after about a week of use. They were really nice to start with, but indeed improved after the first week of continuous (computer geek, sit at desk with headphones all day, so approx 30-40 hours). I didn't use anything special, just my favorite tunes. 

The P5's can be tricky if not situated on your head right, find the sweet spot on your head for wearing them and enjoy....

be careful with the cable, the end that goes into your DAP (ipod/computer, etc) can't take much abuse.

Feb 28, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
 My P5's opened up after about a week of use. They were really nice to start with, but indeed improved after the first week of continuous (computer geek, sit at desk with headphones all day, so approx 30-40 hours). I didn't use anything special, just my favorite tunes. 

The P5's can be tricky if not situated on your head right, find the sweet spot on your head for wearing them and enjoy....

be careful with the cable, the end that goes into your DAP (ipod/computer, etc) can't take much abuse.

i agree

Users who are viewing this thread

Back