Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps
Sep 16, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #1,097 of 2,720
Sep 23, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #1,100 of 2,720
Hello all, I didn't see an introductions forum so I figure I should jump right in.

I bought this version of the amp and I've really enjoyed the sound. However, I am having a couple issues:

1. If I turn on the amp with my headphones (ATH-AD700's) plugged in it doesn't want to start up, the triode lights keep flashing indefinitely. I have to wait until it stops flashing, then plug in. It's been like this since I bought it.
2. Recently it doesn't want to start up at all. Same thing, triode lights keep flashing.

Based on that does anyone know what the problem might be? Maybe just a problem with the tube or the power supply? It sounds great when it does work.

I've already sent a message to the seller about it and I'm waiting for a response, but I'd imagine I could acquire replacement parts faster than they can ship from China.

Sep 23, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #1,101 of 2,720

Welcome to the forum and sorry about your wallet...

Now on to your problem.
I have never see or heard of one doing that before.
The first thing to check is the tube bias.
It should be about 17 volts as measured at the + side
of the output cap.
Use the pots to adjust the value.
Other than that, time for a replacement.

Quote:
Hello all, I didn't see an introductions forum so I figure I should jump right in.

I bought this version of the amp and I've really enjoyed the sound. However, I am having a couple issues:

1. If I turn on the amp with my headphones (ATH-AD700's) plugged in it doesn't want to start up, the triode lights keep flashing indefinitely. I have to wait until it stops flashing, then plug in. It's been like this since I bought it.
2. Recently it doesn't want to start up at all. Same thing, triode lights keep flashing.

Based on that does anyone know what the problem might be? Maybe just a problem with the tube or the power supply? It sounds great when it does work.

I've already sent a message to the seller about it and I'm waiting for a response, but I'd imagine I could acquire replacement parts faster than they can ship from China.

Sep 23, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #1,102 of 2,720
I'm so dumb...it could also be a bum power supply.
Check and see (if you have a volt meter) to see if the supply
is pulsing on/off or if the voltage is steady.

Sep 23, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #1,103 of 2,720

Quote:
Welcome to the forum and sorry about your wallet...

Thanks.
smile.gif

Quote:
I'm so dumb...it could also be a bum power supply. Check and see (if you have a volt meter) to see if the supply
is pulsing on/off or if the voltage is steady.

Yeah, I think I may have answered my own question. The idea that it might be the power supply occurred to me as I was typing my first post. After that I unplugged the power cord, waited an hour, and hooked it back up. It turned on just fine.

New question: Can you point me to a good replacement power supply?

Sep 23, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #1,105 of 2,720
Sep 24, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #1,107 of 2,720
i use onkyo se-200pci Ltd as my soundcard and my headphone is AD900

so, is the cheap ampli like this bravo V2 worth to buy to pair it with my expensive soundcard and headphone? can it improve my AD900 sound quality?

thx

Sep 24, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #1,108 of 2,720
First post here... Just got the Muse version of this amp.  It has a nichicon cap in the back (power) and two dales in the front (output I guess?).  Are these parts good enough to keep stock (or they might be something else)?  It's a great amp anyways.  Also the bias resistors are in a different position than the reference, its the lowest of the three.  Since this is a bravo thread I'll still call it a bravo
smily_headphones1.gif
.  Looking forward to first time rolling the stock tube with something else. 

Sep 24, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #1,109 of 2,720
Just let me be the first to say "welcome" and "sorry about your wallet..."

Quote:
First post here... Just got the Muse version of this amp.  It has a nichicon cap in the back (power) and two dales in the front (output I guess?).  Are these parts good enough to keep stock (or they might be something else)?  It's a great amp anyways.  Also the bias resistors are in a different position than the reference, its the lowest of the three.  Since this is a bravo thread I'll still call it a bravo
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//smily_headphones1.gif" title="
smily_headphones1.gif
" width="" />.  Looking forward to first time rolling the stock tube with something else. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back