Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps
Apr 14, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #2,716 of 2,720
Had a go at making this headphone attenuator for the Bravo V2. The details are in there for the Bravo V2 version. After talking with Frans I found two 3.3 ohm resistors worked best. It certainly tames the volume and allows for a larger sweep of the volume knob.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #2,718 of 2,720
I'd love to hear about tube recommendations as well, the ones stated early in the thread are a bit too exotic so it's hard to find...

Jul 2, 2020 at 5:02 AM Post #2,719 of 2,720
Had a go at making this headphone attenuator for the Bravo V2. The details are in there for the Bravo V2 version. After talking with Frans I found two 3.3 ohm resistors worked best. It certainly tames the volume and allows for a larger sweep of the volume knob.

That sets your output impedance to about 3.3 ohms though. For sensitive cans, I actually have found that -30db (roughly, cant remember exactly) is perfect. (68R series 2.2R parallel) You get better impedance matching with low impedance headphones too. A below 1 ohm output impedance is ideal but that means that you loose a lot of volume.

I use the attenuator that I made on my Xduoo XD-05 plus a lot cause that can deliver 1W into 32 ohms and I try to use IEM's with it lol.

Jul 3, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #2,720 of 2,720
That sets your output impedance to about 3.3 ohms though. For sensitive cans, I actually have found that -30db (roughly, cant remember exactly) is perfect. (68R series 2.2R parallel) You get better impedance matching with low impedance headphones too. A below 1 ohm output impedance is ideal but that means that you loose a lot of volume.

I use the attenuator that I made on my Xduoo XD-05 plus a lot cause that can deliver 1W into 32 ohms and I try to use IEM's with it lol.

Well, 3.3 Ω output impedance should be plenty dampened by 32 Ω headphones or more resistant ones... so this really would only be an issue with extra sensitive IEMs and headphones.

Also, it’s been a long time since I saw this thread! 🧟‍♂️ Wonder how @Judge Buff is doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back