Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps
Oct 25, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #46 of 2,720
Nothing. I mean, theoretically there is less crosstalk as the channels have separate grounds all the way until they are comined at the 3.5mm end. However, this is assuming that the grounds are not combined right after the RCA end. if you could hear the crosstalk difference, I would want you to prove it in a rigorous DBT. If you pass that, I would have to question much of the science of what is below the human hearing threshold.

-Nkk

PS: Are you sure you meant interconnect, as in cable? From the looks of the amp, did you actually mean connection into the amp? If you meant connection, nothing, as the ground wiring is the exact same right after the connector.

Oct 25, 2009 at 10:56 AM Post #47 of 2,720
I just ordered one of these on the 'bay. I've very excited! Will be posting reviews when I get it. I will be pairing the amp with an AMB gamma 1 DAC. Has anybody here done any tube rolling yet?

Oct 25, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #48 of 2,720
Quote:

Originally Posted by ashtray9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered one of these on the 'bay. I've very excited! Will be posting reviews when I get it. I will be pairing the amp with an AMB gamma 1 DAC. Has anybody here done any tube rolling yet?

I have a JAN Phillips 6922 waiting to go in when mine finally gets here from Hong Kong or wherever it's coming from.

Oct 25, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #49 of 2,720
I just brought one (after tree lost bid yesterday, god ebay is stressful)

I can't wait to pair it to my compass and AH-D2000. This will be my first tube amp
biggrin.gif

Oct 25, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #50 of 2,720
Quote:

Originally Posted by noxlord /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just brought one (after tree lost bid yesterday, god ebay is stressful)

I can't wait to pair it to my compass and AH-D2000. This will be my first tube amp
biggrin.gif

GIXEN - Free eBay Auction Sniper

learn to love it. Sniping is the only way to do eBay when buy it now isn't available.

Oct 26, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #51 of 2,720
Quote:

Originally Posted by kb1gra /img/forum/go_quote.gif

learn to love it. Sniping is the only way to do eBay when buy it now isn't available.

Wow. I had no idea this even existed. I get bad vibes about it.

On a side note, how does this bravo amp compare to a little dot I+? I'd never heard of the little dot until just now, and at a little over $100 dollars I am wondering if I should have just saved for that.

Oct 26, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #52 of 2,720
Quote:

Originally Posted by kb1gra /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks you sooo much, actually, I was thinking about how this exact app would be so helpfull to me yesterday, it's funny how it worked out to be already out there.

By the way, can anybody tell me if there are feets at all under the Bravo or is there only a screw-head ?

Oct 31, 2009 at 10:26 AM Post #57 of 2,720
Received mine yesterday:

It just starts to sound right after like 10 hours of burn in.
Can't wait to do some tube rolling with this little baby, two ECC88 are on their way, a RFT and a Mazda
smily_headphones1.gif

edit: very good article on compatible tubes 6DJ8 Tubes From Brent Jessee Recording

Oct 31, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #58 of 2,720
Quote:

Originally Posted by lecky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll add what I can by way of comments when mine arrives. I've a GE JAN 5670 coming for it too.

5670? That can't be good... 5670 is not compatible with E88CC/6922.

Oct 31, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #60 of 2,720
If I win my auction this weekend, I may have to get a 6922EH gold pin just for giggles. I haven't bought anything Russian since 1980.

I really want to know how different kb1gra's Phillips JAN 6922 is from the stock Chinese 6N11. I may get one of them instead based on the reviews that are out there.

I've got to start working on my Mini3, too... But GA plays FL in a couple of hours and I gotta watch... I guess I gotta get amped-up for these amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back