Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Jan 14, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #5,552 of 6,668
Yep. This is a thing that occurs. No one knows why. It usually only happens about three times in a span of twenty minutes, and then it's clear. Or you can perform a reboot. That should end it right then and there.

Jan 15, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #5,555 of 6,668
Tonight, after owning my 120ii for 14 months, I suddenly realized there is something I don`t like about it:  the screen is too bright.  

In other words, this is one of the best things I have ever purchased . . . .  

Jan 15, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #5,556 of 6,668
  Tonight, after owning my 120ii for 14 months, I suddenly realized there is something I don`t like about it:  the screen is too bright.  

You mean the same screen you can adjust the brightness on? 
eek.gif

Jan 15, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #5,557 of 6,668

You mean the same screen you can adjust the brightness on? 
eek.gif

Yes, even on the dimmest possible setting I still find it too bright to use in a dark room, like in bed with lights off.  

(And yes, I realize this is a classic `1st world problem`. )

Jan 15, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #5,558 of 6,668
  Yes, even on the dimmest possible setting I still find it too bright to use in a dark room, like in bed with lights off.  

Mine is turned up to around 90% or so. I turn the screen off when I boot it up and use the side buttons. Volume is locked so I dont even spend much time using the touch screen.

Jan 15, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #5,559 of 6,668

I know exactly what you mean, bcos that's when I do most of my listening as well.

Jan 15, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #5,560 of 6,668

Well said.

I'm only four or five months in, and I feel the same.

I went through three mobile systems (Dragonfly, X3ii, X5) in the same amount of time. This is by far the longest I've stayed with a DAP, and I see no upgrading anytime soon. Ergonomics, UI, Sound.... everything is vibes perfectly with me.

Jan 15, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #5,562 of 6,668
Hello,

Just a couple of questions about the device:

1. I like the way screen-off & device-lock / deep-sleep / power management  features. has been implemented in the Fiio X3ii and X5ii. While the music is playing and you have not operated the device for a while (30sec to 2min), the device would go into a screen-off & device-lock mode and you would still be able to skip tracks and adjust volumes with the physical keys. You could also do the same by pressing the power-button once. Pressing the power-button again will unlock the device again. When the music is paused and the device is idle for a while (1min to 8min) the device goes into this deep-sleep mode which is a low-power-state mode. And pressing the power button will bring the device back to life instantly.

Could you please tell me how this works in the AK100ii/120ii devices? @PinkyPowers, may be you can chime in as you have used the X3ii in the past.

2. I read a couple of posts about the loose-volume-knobs/volume-knob-having-a-bit-of-a-play. Is this common across all devices or a problem with only certain devices? 

Thanks for your help!

Jan 15, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #5,563 of 6,668
  A silly question perhaps, can I actually plug in 2 earpieces at the same time?

One in the 3.5mm and another in 2.5mm?

Sure.  But since you have to select the output to one or the other you can only listen to one of them at a time. 

I realize this is a smart-ass answer, but when feeding a balanced signal to something like the Liquid Carbon amp, you have to feed the left and right channels of the 2.5mm balanced output to two of the pins in the 3 pin XLR's and the ground output of the 3.5mm plug to the third pin on the XLR's.  So in that case you NEED to use both outputs, though again, only 2.5mm output would be putting any music out, the 3.5 is just supplying a ground.

Jan 15, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #5,564 of 6,668
  Hello,

Just a couple of questions about the device:

1. I like the way screen-off & device-lock / deep-sleep / power management  features. has been implemented in the Fiio X3ii and X5ii. While the music is playing and you have not operated the device for a while (30sec to 2min), the device would go into a screen-off & device-lock mode and you would still be able to skip tracks and adjust volumes with the physical keys. You could also do the same by pressing the power-button once. Pressing the power-button again will unlock the device again. When the music is paused and the device is idle for a while (1min to 8min) the device goes into this deep-sleep mode which is a low-power-state mode. And pressing the power button will bring the device back to life instantly.

Could you please tell me how this works in the AK100ii/120ii devices? @PinkyPowers, may be you can chime in as you have used the X3ii in the past.

2. I read a couple of posts about the loose-volume-knobs/volume-knob-having-a-bit-of-a-play. Is this common across all devices or a problem with only certain devices? 

Thanks for your help!

1. There's settings to choose power off time, screen off time, and sleep time.  Long power button press turns the device on when off, and brings up a power-off dialog when on.  There's a separate control to lock the volume knob when the screen is off, which is helpful so the volume won't change when the device is in your pocket.  I don't use it often however, as the device feels great in the hand and I frequently adjust volume when listening in the subway or walking on the street.  You can use the hard button controls (next track, pause/play, previous track) while the screen is off.  There's no intermediate "sleep" mode per se but in my experience the battery drains very very slowly while "on" in a minimal power usage mode (no playback, screen off, wifi/bluetooth off).  Waking from power off is essentially booting the device, and it takes about 30 seconds in my experience but I think there's some variability in that.

2. The volume knob is intentionally designed to have a little give between clicks.  It's not a problem and works quite nicely.

Jan 15, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #5,565 of 6,668
  1. There's settings to choose power off time, screen off time, and sleep time.  Long power button press turns the device on when off, and brings up a power-off dialog when on.  There's a separate control to lock the volume knob when the screen is off, which is helpful so the volume won't change when the device is in your pocket.  I don't use it often however, as the device feels great in the hand and I frequently adjust volume when listening in the subway or walking on the street.  You can use the hard button controls (next track, pause/play, previous track) while the screen is off.  There's no intermediate "sleep" mode per se but in my experience the battery drains very very slowly while "on" in a minimal power usage mode (no playback, screen off, wifi/bluetooth off).  Waking from power off is essentially booting the device, and it takes about 30 seconds in my experience but I think there's some variability in that.

2. The volume knob is intentionally designed to have a little give between clicks.  It's not a problem and works quite nicely.

Cool. That should work for me.
Thank you! 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back